Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmggloria
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

Now the noise reduction high or low is just almost the same. No difference.

And there's this constant hissing like a bad tuned radio that makes you headaches.

The QC25 is golden compared to this.....

Anyone successfully downgraded to any decent version? If so, how did you do it?

Squirrelly
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Yes
jpe
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2018

I was able to successfully downgrade, but as other said, the hiss and the ANC problems continued after the downgrade.  Careful downgrading all the way to 2.0.1, there have been several reports that it bricks the headphones, it happened to me too.

jpe
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2018

I've reached out to Bose on facebook and twitter.  Please join me in raising awareness of this problem.

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Just adding to this thread as another user experiencing this. This is not acceptable for such a high priced product.

EvertonMJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

I just updated my headphones to the 2.5.1 version and searched Google to see what had changed, then I found this post, and when I put the headphones on, I immediately noticed the difference. The ANC is so bad right now! It really doesn't feel like I'm wearing a headphone that was supposed to be the best when it comes to ANC. Jeez, the hiss is annoying, I've started using the Low mode just so I don't hear it.

And the bad thing about it is I bought them while travelling to Canada, but I live in Brazil, so I don't really think there will be any ways of getting new ones.

Bose has to solve this as soon as possible! Really hoping it didn't damage the hardware...

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

So I almost against my will updated to 2.5.1 on Friday because it automatically started to load and I was worried after reading the different posts. I'll be honest, I think everything's fine on my headphones. The LED charge part is fixed and the ANC seems to be acting as it used to. I have tried them in a very quiet setting to see if I could notice anything but even then, all good. The issue seems to be random...

PaddyO
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

I have been listening to 2.5.1 for a couple of days. I really like it. The ear pressure feeling which was making me nauseous at times is gone. There may be a loss of ANC but it is a good compromise. High is clearly filtering our much more than low but it is all subjective I guess. I can't hear the hiss but my high range left years ago. I will have the opportunity to try it out on an aircraft next week, will keep you posted!

Hadi-Kusuma
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

I have the same problem. ANC is so bad right now. Hope Bose will fix it ASAP.

Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Hi all,

100% agree with you whom notice very poor ANC performance after software update.

And downgrading to previous firmwares will NOT bring ANC back. SImply because Bose seem to have re-written the firwares including the changes impacting ANC. The reason for such a change is unknown.

There was the exact same issue with the original QC35.

There was plenty of threads like this one in the past, and Bose either never answered or answered with the generic bull**bleep** (how to downgrade firware, or how to reset the headphones, which does not solve anything...)

Example : the following thread I created some time ago. No answer from Bose :

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Any-update-on-the-QC35-QC35II-NC-performance/td-p/9...

The thing is, Bose is not a techno/quality brand anymore. They seem to entirely rely on marketing and past based consumer preconception that their headsets are THE reference for ANC. Which is totally wrong nowadays.

Just go out with your QC35/QC35II and comapre it with a Sony WH-1000XM2 in a store. You will be shocked how much better the Sony is in terms of ANC.

Getting screwed like this, without understanding the reason why Bose degraded the performance so much of already sold products, is very frustrating. I am trying to remain polite here...