Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

This issue already happened with first generation of QC35s. Bose answered with a ‘satisfaction program’ allowing to be reimbursed but it was very limited in time and Bose did not reiterate such measure.

Since then, the issue continued and now is happening on QC35II, and their sole strategy has been to ignore all our messages here.

I believe they will continue and hope these threads die by themselves, with us giving up.

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Some sort of acknowledgment from any of the Bose moderators would be appreciated...

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

It is not only with the second version .. it is all QC35 (I and II)

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Trance_85
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

@maxnuk If you ever make a custom firmware with super duper ANC please PM it to me 😄

Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

If you really insist, they may show up, thank you so much for your question and tell you how to reset your headset or how to downgrade firmware! :-))
This is what they do
Trance_85
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

@maxnukwrote:

The real problem, is how they will fix the microphone problem ... for the time being, to sacrifice the ANC was a temporary solution of the bose. 😕

(But the solution for me, would be to disable the ANC when the microphone goes into operation ...)

Honestly it shouldn't be this hard... Just take the sound waveform coming in from the ANC mic's and cancel it from the sound coming in from the voice mic, or, like you said just disable all mic's except the voice mic while on a call, Stupid sidetone actually prevents me from hearing the other person most of the time anyway...

Armenni
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Same thing here guys, ANC not working properly. But I just took note: Always check the forums before updating.

calvados.boulard
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Well I received a warning from Bose forum moderators for my comments on this thread, so they have read it, but have chosen not to respond.  I will let you the reader determine what that means with regards to Bose's dedication to customer satisfaction.

Thanks,

Cal.

rickwil61
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Hey maxnuk,

You said you thought a solution would be to disable ANC when the microphone was active.  Coudn't they just limit the ANC as they did in 2.5.1 when the microphone is active and then switch it back to full strength when the microphone is not being used?

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

@rickwil61

Now in this att (2.5.1 or 1.5.1) the microphone is stable with the ANC (limited). But they did not put the ANC full when the microphone is off ...

Thanks,
Marcel M.