Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
W!mpix
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

Just a quick post to let you guys know i'm having the same issue here. Also waiting for some kind of solution.

Don't know if it's due to this firmware specifically, as I updated from a prior version. There's just a huge difference before and after the update.
Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Hi Cal.
What did they warn you for exactly?

I read your posts again and I see nothing offensive. Your posts exactly reflect my experience with feelings about this issue and the fact that Bose does not provide any substantial answer.
maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

calvados.boulard
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

@Bellyup One of my posts called for someone to be fired over the lack of testing of the firmware updates.  Doing so violates the terms of service of this forum.  (Mods I'm not doing it again...just answering a question of a fellow forum member...please don't ban me...having headphones that don't function as advertised is punishment enough)

Thanks,

Cal.

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

@maxnukwrote:

they respond in another post!

LIKE XD

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Bose-QC35-II-dead-after-trying-to-downgrade/m-p/11...

That's a good start. If they have fixed minor issues in the recent updates, they can't do nothing about the ANC because it's a major no no for customers. And without being agressive or anything, the word will spread easily beyond this forum as it looks like customers have reported it in stores as well.

Hopefully something comes up in the next few weeks.

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Ok I have a thing that might be causing the problem.

I notice when I connected to two device (phone and macbook) the ANC makes no difference between low and high but if I only connect it to my phone the high seems to work properly (albeit it seems not as good as before but at least it makes a noticiable difference from low).

Maybe you guys can try that and see if that helps your situation.

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

it's just you're already starting to rave... calm down, they will release an update

Thanks,
Marcel M.
pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Oh well it was worth a try I notice it only works sometimes, after further testing.

hmggloria
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

The other thing I also notice is that when you only use the ANC and no music, just to be in silence, that hissing that I mentioned before and so did other members, it kind of gives you headache.

After some minutes I just have to take off the phones or put some music on.

Before this upgrade everything was perfect.....

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I've always noticed the "hissing" with no music playing this was when I got it out of the box. Thats just because of the over-aggressive ANC. I don't know if it's a bug but I compared with QC I without updates and it has the same thing.