XD

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Bram Aalbers
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

Does some of u Guys experience distortion? Try and play a song at high volume (1/2 less then max) and try max. I tried it with: drake, gods plan. Its sounds awfull. I want to know if it is only mine doing this or it is firmware related!
keeps54
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

I had distortion when I first got my QC35II but it was because I had boost features turned on in my music app. Once I turned the boost off everything sounded great. It does mention this on the support site.

On the subject of the ANC, I also think there has been a deterioration but obviously have no proof. When just wearing the headphones with ANC at max but no music playing I can hear the cooker hood fan, the kettle boiling and other constant sounds that I'd expect to be cancelled out. I'm sure these were silenced when I first got the headphones.

If they weren't so expensive I'd get another new pair to compare but I had to think long and hard whether to spend so much on a pair of headphones. I'm glad I did as they sound amazing but the suspected deterioration of the ANC has dampened my appreciation of them.

volkerb
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

+1

ANC is completely broken now.

the opposite is needed, super ANC mode, cancelling voice and stuff even more than before this fkup release.

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I've seen a comment on a Youtuber review about the update and the ANC, it's not going unnoticed...

Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Hi Carbonyle

Could you please share which youtuber ?
carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

CHECK PRICES or BUY HEREUS & International - http://geni.us/vSzW6fABHPhoto - https://bhpho.to/2z6ylUcFull Transparency for my audience:Links above are my ...
Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

This guy makes fantastic reviews.

However I don’t see when he is talking about the anc issue with firmware update. This review dates from the launch of QC35II, doesn’t it?

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

You're right, not the youtuber. I meant some comments from other users. Maybe it will get picked up.

stan_lee
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I plan to return my headphones unless we get some comment from Bose. I was wearing them just for the ANC to drown out the office noise, without music. The second the update finished, the ANC performance diminished significantly. I want to like these headphones, but there's only so much I'm prepared to accept. I've just about got used to the blips in the Bluetooth, but this is really trying my patience now.