Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stan_lee
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

I'm sure Bose is well aware it's premium price propositions are brand driven, like Apple. Without brand advocates though, there pricing strategy starts to fall apart. What they seem to be doing with these updates is creating brand adversaries, which is a very dangerous approach for future business performance.
quicksil7er
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Any chances to have some reaction from Bose? I've just made this update (I'm so stupid), I should check the forum first :(. On my side I also notice the difference between before/after the update. Additionally I see that low/high ANC have no big difference now. So shame cause I love(d) my QC35II set and I bought it for the feature. Bose please, give us some explanation! 

Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

I think this forum and the people managing have only one purpose : providing polite basic support on product operation. That’s it.

Don’t think they have the power to escalate issues like this ANC performance deterioration.

So, we don’t have over expectations on ANC, but rather over expectations on this community forum.
Bose probably made the change for some valid reason and they will not communicate on it.
They will focus their effort on new products and let us down.
***Moderator Edit: Violation of Community Guidelines***
@bose : please answer, this is the least you can do to prove you have some respect left for your customers.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello all, 

We appreciate everyone's feedback here. When users are active in the community it helps gather information. We that being said, we hear your concerns and we have reached out to our software teams to confirm that no changes were made to the ANC or audio properties of the headsets in this update. 

As a friendly reminder, we ask that everyone follows the community guidelines by being respectful and make sure we can keep this thread on topic. 

Be respectful and constructive:
Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.  Calls for lawsuits, firing of employees or other excessively negative comments will be edited or removed.  Repeated violations could result in temporary suspension or permanent removal from the community. 

Be relevant:
Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community, to the specific discussion style and topic where you post. Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting discussion. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support

quicksil7er
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Thanks a lot @Mohsin_S for your quick reaction. It's good to know that you (Bose) guys take this issue seriously and we(users) are not alone.

Concretely, when we can expect this answer from the software team? We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards.

Raph 

cjboorman
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Hi Moshin,

Sanity check: Are you telling us that we are all mistaken in our belief that the noise cancelling effectiveness has degraded?

maxnuk
Leader
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

no, he spoke to be patient and not lose his head in the community ...

Thanks,
Marcel M.
cjboorman
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Moshin, would you please answer my question?

darrbezz
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Urgh I'm such an idiot. Same issue here. I should have checked the forum before upgrading. Hopefully they can fix it instead of pretending it's not real.

qc35ii
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2018

Dear Bose, Were there any changes to the to the ANC in any of the QC35 and QC35II firmware? If so, which ones.