Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

So has anyone been able to downgrade to the older firmware and confirm that it works better? If this is the case there is an obvious bug.

jpe
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2018

Hi @Mohsin_S ,

Respectfully, I don't think this is mass histera.  There are way too many reports of this issue for it not to have some truth to it, and the people here feel like they're being gaslighted.  There are numerous reports of mismatches between what the bose mobile app and btu.bose.com report as the firmware version.  Maybe the problem isn't specific to the firmware but to something else that is related to the update process?  How about examining a headset that has the reported problem?  Bose needs to dig deeper into this issue before their customers form a class and file suit.  This problem is damaging their brand and they need to take action quickly before their customers do.  Please, please, please reach out and create some urgency.

Thank you

magictom1
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Pagefault - yes I can confirm. I did OTA update to 2.5.1, ANC got much worse - less cancellation and this weird white noise. I then went on the site updater thing and it said i was still on an older firmware (2.0.1 I think) even though my bose connect app said 2.5.1. Very strange. Regardless, I went into advanced mode (instructions in my previous post a page or two back) and updated (or downgraded, at this point I’m not sure) to 2.2.1. ANC back to performing how it was before the “update” and no more white noise.
Considering so many people are reporting the same issue, I’m at a loss as to why Bose is denying any issues here. Whether they intentionally changed anything or not is irrelevant. Something obviously changed as we are all reporting the identical problem.
magictom1
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

What I am wondering is if it has something to do with the OTA update via the app? Especially considering all the people reporting discrepancies in firmware versions from what they see on app vs what they see on the site.

Has anyone updated to 2.5.1 ONLY using the site updater (not the app at all)? If so, are you also experiencing the ANC problem? I’m hesitant to test it since downgrading to 2.2.1 has put my headphones back to normal...
Antischall
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Just this moment i have maked a downgrade on the btu.bose.com site, in advanced mode. First back to 2.2.1. It's strange but i noticed no differnt between 2.5.1 Then try again and downgraded to 2.0.1. So i think it's back to the "old good" now. These are for my ears not two different worlds between 2.5.1 and the old firmware 2.0.1 but i can hear on the old settings 2.0.1 clearly the different between high and low ANC, and think this is the most part where people are bothered.
TA
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Just tried to downgrade them and looks like I've bricked them by trying that...It's honestly ridicolous the number of issues I've had since getting these 'top-end' headphones.

Arnoud
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Just chiming in here. I got a QC35 and after the update from 1.3.6 to 1.5.1 (using the web updater, not over bluetooth) there is very little audible difference anymore between ANC 'low' and 'high' setting. I can hear the difference between 'off' and either of the other two settings clearly.

I downgraded to 1.3.2 and 1.3.6 after reading the topic here, but I have a feeling the ANC is much less than it was before.

At this point it is hard to say if the ANC is actually less than before, or that I am just seeing ghosts at the moment...

Next Sunday I will have a 3 hour flight, that would be the perfect way to find out if during mid-air drone there is more pronounced ANC going on.

f0rest
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Thanks, Everyone for their Insights on this problem.

Looks like @bose doesn't want to address this issue.

I didn't want to buy Sony initially but looks like its the only way to go.

Please address this problem ASAP. I need to make a decision on ANC Headphone by the end of the week. 

Show you care about your customers both new and old.

Thanks

f0rest

walshjbrian
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

I downgraded mine using the btu.bose.com to 2.2.1 and then to 2.0.1. 

Then I upgraded to 2.5.1 using the app cause I forgot to turn off automatic updates. During update using the app it gave an error pretty much immedately disconnected and my phone couldn't find them or rejoin them.(I thought I had bricked them)

I then connected them powered off to my laptop with btu.bose.com it recognised them and said that updates were available 2.5.1 and that my current version was 2.0.1.

(I didn't choose to update them)

I then connect them to my phone, my bose connect seems to think that they've been updated to 2.5.1 and says my product is up to date.

Now I'm back to having a noticable different between my low and high ANC. 

But this clearly shows an issue with their version updaters if the app says i'm at 2.5.1 and my btu.bose.com says i'm at 2.0.1. 

Should be getting a consistant version regardless of which mechanism I'm using.

relkma
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

So would you guys recommend 2.21 or 2.01?