Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueJacket
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

Agree this thread is a fine example of what a good Internet community is about, everyone contributes a little.
Moderator, thank you for doing your part to help. Despite all good intentions on software engineer and qa team ensure defects-free firmware, there can still be unexpected bugs. You should now have enough justification to open a ticket with your software engineering team to investigate this. The path to reproduce the problem is most likely start with a brand new headset and then update via the bose app via Bluetooth to update to version 2.5.1.
Antischall
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Me again, my last post...after downgraded to 2.0.1 thought is back to normal and all is fine. But it's not, after testing a while, maybe that is a hallucination, but next to the working ANC where you can hear when it's on, i can hear other small noises now, like little disturbances from the headphones. And i swear before this trouble here has started i never heard that, all was fine.
flozar
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 1, 2018

I am going to try to downgrade firmware using bose web page and wired, and then try to upgrade to 2.5.1 to see if the bluetooth update is the problem.

thecomedain
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

Hi all,

unfortinatly my ANC is also usless now.

I can hear everythins that is said next to me while using them (with music) and this is missing the point of haveing this (privously) great headphones.

I can understand that bugs happen.

nothing ever was perfect from the start to the end.

I also can understand that Bose believe that no change was made to the ANC, but it is a fact that something happened.

it is also noticed from the forum that it is something that happened with the update using the App (that is writing that the update was successfull, but the wired update is saying that the update failed).

I think it could realy halp if Bose addmited that this is a real problem and told people that they are working on solving it.

I know that I would happly wait for the next update if it is something that will be fixed in the next update.

DirkRonsmans
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Strange.

I just updated to 2.5.1 and found this link trying to find the release notes.

I have no difference in my ANC.. still works great..

volkerb
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

Please try noise cancellation with people speaking around you do you hear difference?
elfsen2000
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Not much difference at all, nothing like they were at the beginning. Just called Bose Germany... they are sending me a replacement set and paying my returns per ups.
relkma
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Dirk,

Did u update via bluetooth with the mobile app or wired on a cpu?
DirkRonsmans
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

I work in an open office environment (main reason why I got these) and people arround me are talking (even the guy across from me) and with the ANC enabled I just see his lips moving.

I updated through the app over bluetooth (not wired connected to a computer).

Also still feel the pressure on my ears when the it's on and definitely hear a difference when the ANC is off.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Good morning everyone,

Thank you all for posting.  I'd like to reiterate that we reached out to our software team and confirmed that no changes were made to the ANC of the QC35 I and II. If you feel concerned about your headset, we recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting guide HERE. Should you need any further assistance, we encourage you to contact your local Bose Support. You may click here for contact information. Just select your region, scroll down, and click on "contact us".

Take care,

Shiloh