Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uklee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

We respect you have reached out to the software team about the change in anc issue. However can you please reach out to them and ask them to follow this thread and see what all of us are experiencing. It may be the update process where the bug lies. Which ultimately lies with the software team to investigate.

Please can someone look at this post from Bose and get back to us as we all can't be wrong here..

Lee
elfsen2000
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

I told the guy on the phone that lots of users are very unhappy... the sevice worker wasn't aware of the problem. So maybe phoning and getting a new set of headphones might wake the team up at bose.
elfsen2000
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

I told the guy on the phone that lots of users are very unhappy, the sevice worker wasn't aware of the problem. So maybe phoning and getting a new set of headphones might wake the team up at bose.
carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Users having issues should also try to identify if there's something in common in the headsets that seem to give them troubles...batch? s/n?

I've followed that thread since it started and I've tried a few things without noticing any significant change.

I have a QC25 (wired) that I keep at work, tried it with my QC35II, similar.

I tried a colleague's new QC35II, not updated, similar.

I've downgraded last night all the way down to 2.0.1, (2.5.1 to 2.2.1 to 2.1.3 to 2.0.1) and tried with an exhaust fan on, couldn't really hear any difference in the different firmwares.

Upgraded (usb) back to 2.5.1 and was listening to some music (volume about 25%), my wife was talking to me in the room I couldn't hear her.

I'm not hearing a significant white noise (tried with some quiet classical music), the only thing I'd say is that the difference between low and high isn't tremendous but it's been that way since I bought them 2-3 months ago. I notice a difference but I don't necessarily find the low mode relevant, might as well turn it off or use the ANC at the max.

So personally, I'd be curious to physically try a set that someone says faulty. I might go to a Bose store to try some there, or try a Sony one and see if there's a world of difference...

Uklee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Before the update there was a change when you went from low medium high. Them 3 settings all sound the same.

Now..

Medium and high sounds the same. And low is different. So it seems that there are only 2 ANC levels. Anyone else notice this ?

Lee
Tichadok
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Dear @Shiloh_C
You miss the bluetooth update bug: what's the status?
There is indeed a reproductible bug when you update via Bluetooth, the app says it's updated to 2.5.1 when it's not. The Bluetooth update is indeed a faulty or corrupted one that might impact many things (ANC among others).
When you connect with USB on the website it shows that an update is available whereas the app says the update is successful. This inconsistency might be the root cause of all issues discussed here. Please ask the software team to debug it and investigate from that point the possible impacts of a corrupted update via Bluetooth.
carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

@Ukleewrote:
Before the update there was a change when you went from low medium high. Them 3 settings all sound the same.

Now..

Medium and high sounds the same. And low is different. So it seems that there are only 2 ANC levels. Anyone else notice this ?

Lee

Uklee, there never was a medium. It's off, low or high. For me there is a difference between low and high but it's not "huge". Significant difference between high and off obviously.

Uklee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Sorry my mistake. I meant now I can't hear any different from low and high.
carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Right, and that's something I'm curious about. I do hear a difference but it's subtle, not striking.

DirkRonsmans
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Just checked again using the website.

There it did do another update to 2.5.1 (weird)

However still, no change in my ANC.. works perfectly