Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueJacket
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

I also see the same on my ios bose connect app that 2.2.1 is up to date.
stan_lee
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I think we've got them worried!
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

We are happy to see the discussion continuing. We are aware of reports of the updater showing the wrong firmware version and we are looking into it. We will get back to you with any further information. 

Best Regards,

Tony

Tichadok
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Ha good! Finally you hear the community, so excited that this collective effort pushed the investigation further!
Hope to have good news in a bit from Bose!
Uklee
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Brilliant. Glad this is now to be looked into. As I am on the latest software updated on pc. Shall o leave it as it is or roll back to earlier version.

I'm alot happier now the hissing has gone and can tell difference between high and low and off.
Bit now wondering if I should roll back even further to get it better than its supposedly is for me now.

Lee
Hadi-Kusuma
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 9, 2018

Hi, I have found some weird issues like below information

Previously, I had upgraded to firmware 2.5.1 after complain 2.2.1 firmware issue before

1. I opened My Bose android apk, and connect to My Bose via bluetooth, and just scrolling menu and close it.

2. My QC 35 II perform very bad sound and ANC + stuttering

3. I opened btu.bose to downgrade.. and suggest to upgrade Bose Update (BoseUpdater_3.0.1.1891.6444 Mac version)

3. I tried to downgrade firmware to 2.2.1 using btu.bose and at 99%, it said Bose lost connection, and seems My QC35 II soft break, while I powered on, light is active but can't connect any bluetooth

4. Fortunately, I can connect to btu.bose and upgrade firmware again to 2.5.1, and again at 99%, it said Bose lost connection

5. And my QC35 II seems back to normal again, like before I open Bose android APK

So ? I don't know what happend, and now I had uninstalled Bose Android, 

Note : In my country, QC 35 II not officially sale. So I am too afraid to try again. 

And Bose.. Can you really really maintain your firmware and your bose updater with all your heart ?

This product is really expensive.. And all of us spend that money to buy this product because believe your ads and believe your great name can provide us best ANC and products. So please test your firmware and bose updater better, and don't let innocent customers have bad experience after spend some money. I try to remain polite here.

camfrout
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Unfortunately I updated my headphones today as well, and now it is like ANC is not working anymore, knowing that I can clearly follow the entire conversation of my coworker 5 meters away from me.

As everyone with the issue I updated it through Bose Connect on my phone.

Now I am trying to update my headphones back to acceptable ANC going to https://btu.bose.com/#section=install but despite having installed the Bose Updater software I am stuck on the page with the following message: "When you launch the Bose Updater, this webpage will change. ." Clearly it doesn't...

JarruParru
Participant
Registered since

Mar 26, 2018

@camfroutwrote:

Unfortunately I updated my headphones today as well, and now it is like ANC is not working anymore, knowing that I can clearly follow the entire conversation of my coworker 5 meters away from me.

As everyone with the issue I updated it through Bose Connect on my phone.

Now I am trying to update my headphones back to acceptable ANC going to https://btu.bose.com/#section=install but despite having installed the Bose Updater software I am stuck on the page with the following message: "When you launch the Bose Updater, this webpage will change. ." Clearly it doesn't...

I have this same problem with the web page updater, getting stuck at the same place as you. Even if I open first the updater and then launch the web page from the updater, I still get the install page and get stuck in the same place.

carbonyle
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

@camfrout, are you saying you can hear the whole conversation with music on?
camfrout
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

No, not with music on but just the ANC on High. Before I installed the new firmware this was not the case, the voices of people were much more reduced, even without music. I could still hear it a bit but definitely not undenrstand what other people were saying.

I managed to go back to the version 2.21 using a different computer so I will check tomorrow in the office if this rollback fixed the issue.