Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Bose QC 35 II (firmware 4.1.3 preinstalled) sound very bad with bass

I had tried Bose QC 35 II at store, songs sound very great with enough & deep bass, clear mid and detail trebble. However when I purchased it and have used for few days, the sound isn't good as expected, especially bass. The bass is not power as expected, in some songs the bass is almost varnished.

Here is some examples:

Headphone info:

• Bose QC 35 II
  • Firmware: 4.1.3 pre-installed
  • Date of manufaturing: Jan 12, 2019

Device info:

• Iphone 6
  • Macbook pro 2018

It's really strange for such expensive product. My Sony XB150AP even have great bass than my Bose QC 35 II :((. Please provide me with a solution or I should consider again Bose products 😞

Listen to A Milli on Spotify. Lil Wayne · Song · 2008.
Listen to Orinoco Flow on Spotify. Enya · Song · 2001.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II (firmware 4.1.3 preinstalled) sound very bad with bass

Author Accepted Answer selected by monday0rsunday

Hello joelirwin,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually I'm not bass enthusiast, not bass boost enthusiast too. I have had my sony because it is my first headphone. What I expect with a product like Bose QC 35 II is capability of above-average sound quality in every ranges so that I could start my journey of enjoying music :).

I've upgraded firmware to 4.3.6 and the bass sound little better so I will close this post. I've heard about EQ feature in some products like Sony WH 1000XM3 or Sennheiser PXC 550. I expect that Bose could support EQ too for Bose QC 35 II.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I just listened to your LilWayne track on my QC35ii by clicking on the link on my Dell Precision desktop (Win 7/64).  The music sounded fine to me including the bass. I also listened to Enya and the 10 seconds you mentioned.  Yes, the bass sound has changed but it is clearly heard at the very low frequencies.

Now to be frank, as a music content creator myself, I believe that the sound frequency people hear is a personal thing and what I think is great sounding bass may be insufficient from your perspective.  Perhaps that is why you prefer a Sony product to a Bose product.

I am assuming you are hearing the same thing when playing both via your phone and your Mac.  If not, it could be the player you are using to hear the music and the settings it uses (such as possible equalizer settings).

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by monday0rsunday

Hello joelirwin,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually I'm not bass enthusiast, not bass boost enthusiast too. I have had my sony because it is my first headphone. What I expect with a product like Bose QC 35 II is capability of above-average sound quality in every ranges so that I could start my journey of enjoying music :).

I've upgraded firmware to 4.3.6 and the bass sound little better so I will close this post. I've heard about EQ feature in some products like Sony WH 1000XM3 or Sennheiser PXC 550. I expect that Bose could support EQ too for Bose QC 35 II.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post