cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
compellence
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Bose QC 35 II problem with Windows 10 - driver issue?

Hi

I'm struggling to stop a re occuring issue I have with my Bose QC 35 ii wireless headphones. 

I have Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop, with Windows 10. 

When I begin watching youtube with the headphones everything is fine, but then a youtube advert appears and I lose all sound. I then have to continually disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth, switching the headphones on and off, re-starting MS Edge browser until the sound comes through the headphone again. 

I read somewhere this might be a fault with the drivers I have installed on Windows 10? How to I check if I have the correct driver? How do I check if drver updates are correctly being updated? Is this something to do with settings in Windows 10?

Thanks for your help

Edward

3 REPLIES 3
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II problem with Windows 10 - driver issue?

Hello compellence

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but I'd be glad to assist.

I don't believe it's a driver issue, as that normally presents as no connectivity at all.  I'm curious, does the audio loss happen on any other websites?  Also have you been able to test on a different web browser such as Google Chrome?  Lastly, does this happen from a mobile device running the YouTube app?

Let us know if you have further questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

compellence
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Hi Tony_ASorry for slow reply I was on holiday.I have done some testing. This fault has occured twice today.1st occurance was on Microsoft Edge watching Youtube, the sound was working fine on one video then went to next video which had an advert at start of the video then there was no sound from my Bose QC 35 ii, however when I switched off my bluetooth the sound was coming out my laptop speakers just fine, if I switch the bluetooth back on then the sound cuts from my laptop speakers obviously however still no sound from the headphones. Once this error has occured no sound appears from the laptop including playing videos from other websites or apps. After repeatedly switching the bluetoooth and headphones on and off, and closing and opening the browser I managed to recover sound through the Bose QC 35 ii. 2nd occurance was on the Chrome browser, with Youtube, no adverts on this video, I clicked on the link and the web browser switched to the next video however again no sound coming from the Bose QC 35 ii. Again when I swich on and off the bluetooth the sound correctly comes from my laptop speakers but when bluetooth is switched on there is no sound from the headphones. I will try to test with different website also.

yesilpelikan
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Hi,

It appears some software issue with your pc. try to uninstall all audio and Bluetooth drivers from device manager and let it find and install drivers automatically (search hardware changes or restart pc). Also, try to connect your qc35ii to your pc via USB and check if its firmware is latest (via btu.bose.com). Hope this solves your problem.

Caner