Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdperera
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii noise cancellation doesn't work when connected to computer

1. When my headphones are connected via. Bluetooth to my MacbookPro, when attempting to activate noise cancelling by clicking the button, the headphones say: "Open the google assistant on your phone then try that button again". Why can I not noise cancel when connected to my computer?

2. When my headphones are connected via. the cable none of the buttons work (this is when the headphones are off)

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bose QC 35 ii noise cancellation doesn't work when connected to computer

Author Accepted Answer selected by jdperera

Hi @jdperera,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you're currently encountering with the noise-cancellation feature on your QuietComfort 35 ii headphones.

Do you experience this same issue when the headphones are connected to a mobile device? Or is it only occurring when connected to the MacBook Pro via Bluetooth?

I'd advise checking the Bose Connect app to ensure the Action Button is designated to ANC rather than a Voice Assistant. Open the Bose Connect app >  Select Product > Settings > Action Button > Noise Cancelling.

Let me know if changing that setting solves the issue for you!

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by jdperera

Hi @jdperera,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you're currently encountering with the noise-cancellation feature on your QuietComfort 35 ii headphones.

Do you experience this same issue when the headphones are connected to a mobile device? Or is it only occurring when connected to the MacBook Pro via Bluetooth?

I'd advise checking the Bose Connect app to ensure the Action Button is designated to ANC rather than a Voice Assistant. Open the Bose Connect app >  Select Product > Settings > Action Button > Noise Cancelling.

Let me know if changing that setting solves the issue for you!

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

jdperera
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your response, I changed the settings on the app and this fixed the problem.