Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kopiainen
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii won't play sound from web browser / computer

Just updated my Mac to Catalina and after the update my QC35ii won't play sounds from safari or any other browser. If I open the sound preferences from my Mac, the sound connects to my headset but it is connected like a phone call, so that the mics of my headset is open and I can hear everything near me. And if I close the preferences, the sound disconnects straight away. 

I cleared the connections with 10sec pull from the headphone and updated the software using Bose connect+. Still not working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kopiainen
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii won't play sound from web browser / computer

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kopiainen

Well, this is odd. Somehow during the night the problem got solved by itself. Everything seems to work perfectly now. I did not do anything to fix the issue since my last message, but now it's fixed. I didn't even reboot my laptop, it just normally went to sleep mode, and also I turned off my headset for the night. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Hey @Kopiainen,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing that! Have you been able to connect your headphones successfully to any other devices? Do you have any programs such as iTunes or Spotify app you could try to play audio from? Also, do you have any other headphones you could connect to your Mac?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Kopiainen
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kopiainen

Well, this is odd. Somehow during the night the problem got solved by itself. Everything seems to work perfectly now. I did not do anything to fix the issue since my last message, but now it's fixed. I didn't even reboot my laptop, it just normally went to sleep mode, and also I turned off my headset for the night. 

View solution in original post