Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Bose QC 35, to buy or not to buy?

Hello.

I purchased my first bose headphones about 2 years ago, which was the QC 25. everything was amazing, I loved them a lot.

the only problem is that after a year and a half of use, the left side stopped working, they were out of warranty, and when I tried to have them fixed by bose, I've been told they "cannot" be fixed and that I have to get a new pair.

Now, after half a year of being downghraded from bose headphones to a budget pair,  I'm contemplating on purchasing the QC 35, I decided to research about them, due to my former experience with my QC25, and shockingly, I've seen many complaints about the same issue I had, both of the QC 25 AND the QC35, that around after a year of use, one side stops working, after few hours of researching all over the internet, I've seen so many reviews and feedbacks of customers complaining about the same issue, that it just seems like a factory defect.

I'm worried that I'd spend $350 for a pair of headphones only to have them go to the trash after around a year of use.

from your experience, the customers here, what would you recommend me doing? do the QC 35 have the same common issue that the QC 25 had?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

Re: Bose QC 35, to buy or not to buy?

Definitely do NOT BUY. Look at pictures and after. 3 years of use, headphones are broken. They cost about $ 150 per year. Too expensive for such a factory fault.IMG_0063.JPGIMG_0064.JPG

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Huh? The QC35's haven't even been out for 3 years?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Would apprciate more opinions

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2017

My opinion, don't. 

The firmware updates have broken the ANC on millions of headphones, including mine. Thats a waste of some very hard earned dollars. This forum is filled with complaints regarding QC35. 

Thankfully, my old QC25 still work and they are amazing. 

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Do you want/need to use your headphones for phone calls?  If so, I strongly suggest you do not buy the QC35's and look at other products from other manufacturers.  

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I totally disagree. I use mine for call and music and have had them for a year i think and they been awesome. The best purchase.

I'm a phone & gadget freak so i buy many phones and Bluetooth headset and every single one of my Bluetooth headset has issues. People always complain about something, these have been the best. Also battery and music is amazing. I think mine is actually generation one. Just updated the firmware to 1.3.4.

Also seeing people with damaged headset means nothing. I can damage mine after 1 day. I take care of it and it looks like new still. Same is applicable to anything really.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

I bought them for the ANC. I was really happy despite the high price.

Then I updated.

If I could go back in time, I'd rather break my arm than update this headset.

Of course, ANC is still there, and the "low" setting works well for those who complain about wind.

But if you knew what the QC35 was able to do in subway back in 2016, you'd find this ANC ***MODERATOR EDIT: Violation of Community Guidelines, please use respectful language***

The ANC was really the thing I used to like in this headset. For the sound, I prefer ExtraBass headsets (you know, the kind of headsets which are killed off by medias).

To summerize, I'd recommend this headset if it costed 150 €.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I'm not that hardcore so i dont know how it has been but i'm still blown away by the ANC! During my summer vacation i had it on me almost during the whole flight and at the end when i took it off i was soooo shocked hearing the noise. It was such a revalation to me how good it worked. Same when i'm on the train. The moment i take them off i reallize i hate the world we are living in, so much noise and crappy sound around us.

Maybe the ANC has been much better but to a noob like me its still amazing. As for music again i'm not that hardcore so it sounds great to me also 🙂

By the way how does my first gen compare to the second gen? i read the list of improvment but that does not say much. Anyone who has both and can give a unbiased view of it? I'm not intressted in the extra button for Siri and google assistant.

I'm still very happy with mine so i wont be upgrading unless mine breaks for some reason.

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@vaampyren wrote:

I totally disagree. I use mine for call and music and have had them for a year i think and they been awesome. The best purchase.

I'm a phone & gadget freak so i buy many phones and Bluetooth headset and every single one of my Bluetooth headset has issues. People always complain about something, these have been the best. Also battery and music is amazing. I think mine is actually generation one. Just updated the firmware to 1.3.4.

Also seeing people with damaged headset means nothing. I can damage mine after 1 day. I take care of it and it looks like new still. Same is applicable to anything really.

@vaampyren you must be the only one.  There's pages and pages and pages of people complaining over here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC35-and-QC30-for-communications/td-p/55153

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!