Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Bose QC (Quietcontrol) 30 are not charging.

Hello all, I bought my QC 30 within the past month. No problems at all until 30 minutes ago... I noticed I ran the charge down to about 10% so I plugged them in. Nothing but a red light. I turned them off then plugged them in, nothing. I switch cords, outlets, combinations of both, nothing. Please help, these products are great and EXPENSIVE. Thank you.
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bose QC (Quietcontrol) 30 are not charging.

Hi scraps18,

Try rebooting them.

Rebooting the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. The power supply must be plugged into the wall with power on.
  3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly

If that doesn't help you can follow this link to Bose product support for your area
Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information. I would call them.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Unfortunately I can't reset the unit with out power and it won't charge. It is now bricked.

On the other hand, I called Bose Service and they are replacing the headphones free of charge. Thanks for your reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

I have the same issue and have been back and forth with Bose. I will never ecommend these headsets. The reveiws were poor and now I am struggling - as they are determine what is the best option to resolve the issue. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

I'm having the same issue. At first it wouldn't turn off with red low power blinking, now shows a green light after charging but turns red when I unplug it. Won't turn off or allow reset but also won't connect to any device
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lukimiguel

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your QC30. Please follow this link to Bose product support for your area
Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information. I would call them.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I've had the same issue with 2 sets now.  They have been very respectful and replaced the first set, but now with the same issue I'm hoping they will let me return or get a different product unless they can confirm they have fixed this bug.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

I've also had the same issue with two different sets. They've agreed to replace them both times. Very annoying but I like them when they work enough to put up with it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

I had this same problem. 1 month old to the day. Went to Bose store. They wouldn’t help because “I didn’t purchase there” also said something about it being my fault for “over charging” lesson learned.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Sharrissf!

Let me reach out to you via DM to assist.  

Take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support