Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QC25 headphones - faulty / replacement offered

Hi hertz777,

I assure you that I am reading every post. I understand how frustrating it can be. Usually, when dealing with different regions we would encourage you to continue to work with your local support team for assistance. We will direct message you to gather more information.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
abcurtis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

If you are in the UK I would recommend you go to 

**MODERATOR EDIT EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED**

And get them repaired.  This was my option, Bose ‘replacement offer ..... woooo ..... so impressed’, or 27gbp repaired.  There must be someone similar in your region.  Good luck hert777

‘Bose - Better sound through research ... for a limited time’

Highlighted
hertz777
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Hi Tony G

I can’t send you any private messages anymore? The system won’t let me.

I still have not heard a thing from anyone from Bose.

But just now I did just receive my defective headphones back (still defective) in a parcel from Bose in Bangkok. There is no letter or anything in the box. Just my defective headphones.

A few weeks ago they demanded from 300 Thai baht to send the defective headphones back to me. Even though I paid 69 Thai baht to get them couriered to them. And in Thailand it doesnt cost anywhere near 300 baht to send such a small item. So out of principle I refused.

But after weeks they have just turned up today at my door (still not working) and I noticed that the sender only paid “67 Thai baht” to send them to me. Which is the normal price expected here in Thailand.

So I don’t know why the man on the phone a few weeks ago was trying to demand 300 baht??? Amazing Thailand I guess.

The Bose customer service here in Thailand is non existent.

Please help me Tony.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Hertz777,

Please check your direct messages.

Regards,

Tony G

abcurtis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

If I was you, I would google search getting them fixed by someone in your region.  I found a company in the UK, 30gbp and all fixed.

Highlighted
vermo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Hello all,

So, add me on the list, my QA-25 right ear also died yesteday.  I looked on google and I am completely astounded to see the number of people having the same problem.  This truly seems systematic, I would be surprised to know about anyone having a QC-25 that doesn't have that problem.

So I contacted the local support this morning via e-email, and they responded me within 1h!  Obviously, with the standard response everyone has been given: "we replace then with a QC-35 for 155€".  

How is that even acceptable?  I replied, then called them, but there's nothing to do - they even seem to pretend they are being generous!

Really?  I paid my QC-25 300€ 3 years ago, now they are unusable, and I need to pay 155€ more???  

I remember exactly how I justified myself why paying that huge 300€ for headphones: "this is Bose, this is quality, these are headphones I'll keep all my life"...  Oh dear fool...

I didn't even use them much, only when I travel.  Lately I have been travelling more, and boom, it happened, like everyone else here.

And now support pretends that they are giving me an "offer" by paying another 155€??  In total, I would have paid then 455€ for QC-35, which are currently sold 320€ on Amazon.  Great deal!!

I can't believe Bose is still trying to make money out of a product flaw.  

Highlighted
abcurtis
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

I am in the UK and sent my 3 year old failed headphones to 'uk.electronic.partners' repaired 30gbp great job.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi vermo,

We answered your other post HERE.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support