rrungta
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Re: Bose QC30 Phone Call Noise Issue - Far end call person always complain lots of noise in back ...

@Mutnat Sure, but they need to be specific and mention that ANC will not work for taking calls and just music as one would assume that it should work for calls as well. 

Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Re: Bose QC30 Phone Call Noise Issue - Far end call person always complain lots of noise in back ...

@rrungta actually the ANC does does work on calls on the QC30, but only for the inbound audio. They have never claimed that there is ANC on the outbound audio. And actually lack of ANC isn't really the issue. The issue is that the mic is so overly sensitive that it picks up every tiny background sounds and makes them sound amplified.
Highlighted
Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Actually, I have seen this line or something similar in several places where the QC30 is being sold (this from Amazon): 

• Calls come in clearer, even in windy or noisy environments, with noise-rejecting dual-microphone system

Same strategy as with the QC20.  They are advertising noise reduction microphones, and the microphones work well on the QC20.   Again, I think this is a software issue where the headset is not able to distingush between exterior noises and your voice.   Perhaps it is a hardware limitation?  I hope not.  If you have tried a QC20 you know that it works pretty well at noise reduction transmitted to callers.  I have used my QC20's in very noisey environments and not had an issue.  I have a Plantronics Edge that is even better and is amazing in this capability.  I can stand in front of a jackhammer and speak to someone and they can hear a little noise and my voice clearly.   

If we had anything near that capability on the QC30 (even the same as the QC20) these would be much more useful.   The idea of walking around with a headset - the exact use case for the QC30 and it's bluetooth and variable ANC - means that we will get some calls in louder, public places.  And the piping in of outside noise into the call is the worst flaw you can have on a set of headphones designed to be used while out and about, walking through city streets, restaurants, stores etc.  These are the noisiest environments.  

Bose, you have to fix this.  It has been six months.  

ppm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

still have this problem now ?

Mekoch
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Re: Bose QC30 Phone Call Noise Issue - Far end call person always complain lots of noise in back gro

Same problem, went from fan of the qc30 to now a disgruntled Bose (former) enthusiasts. 

@harinj wrote:

I have purchased Bose QC30 in December from Dell.com.

From the day I start using them I consistently get complain from far end caller or listener, a lot of noise in back ground based on the environment I call from or receive call.

I do not see a reason for spending $300 dollars for such a flawly designed head phones. recently i have updated to latest firmware release by Bose.com. Still no improvement. Please suggest how I can get help to get this fixed. 

I have QC20 and QC25 headphones. Other QC series head phones are absolutely good. Now I started disliking Bose due to QC30 headphones.

@harinj wrote:

I have purchased Bose QC30 in December from Dell.com.

From the day I start using them I consistently get complain from far end caller or listener, a lot of noise in back ground based on the environment I call from or receive call.

I do not see a reason for spending $300 dollars for such a flawly designed head phones. recently i have updated to latest firmware release by Bose.com. Still no improvement. Please suggest how I can get help to get this fixed. 

I have QC20 and QC25 headphones. Other QC series head phones are absolutely good. Now I started disliking Bose due to QC30 headphones.

Mekoch
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Re: Bose QC30 Phone Call Noise Issue - Far end call person always complain lots of noise in back gro

Similar problem here, I moved to a quieter environment, no improvement. Also, tried placing the call again, no help. Phone network connection was changed meaning my cellular carrier (Verizon) was tried at home and at work so two different towers-- both 5 bars. No help. Tried  un-pairing and re-pairing the headset, nomhelp. Tried placing another call, no help. Lastly, tried to use my iPad and wife's phone, no help.  . 

Mekoch
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Paul, similar problem here, I moved to a quieter environment, no improvement. Also, tried placing the call again, no help. Phone network connection was changed meaning my cellular carrier (Verizon) was tried at home and at work so two different towers-- both 5 bars. No help. Tried un-pairing and re-pairing the headset, no help. Tried placing another call, no help. Lastly, tried to use my iPad and wife's phone, no help. Since I use the headset for business I can't have clients tell me that it sounds tinny, crackily, and like I have a terrible connection. 

harinj
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

I have requested for replacement unit. Bose sent the replacement unit after 1 month. Arrived last week. So far I did not get complaints for my phone call audio quality, at the same I have not used them heavily. I will update as I learn if any issue. In this thread one of the Bose folk confirmed it was mic sensitivity issue which was resolved in their production during Dec 2016. My suggestion is please call Bose support and request for replacement.
Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

harinj, 

I hope your experience is better than mine and others here but replacement didn't help.  I started with a Nov 3, 2016 mfg. date and got a replacement with February 27, 2017.  Same problem with noise amplification to the caller on both pairs.   I don't think this was resolved with whatever mic changes they made in production.  

This must be a software issue as the very similar mic set up on the QC20 works much better.   

oznefu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Any update with this? I have the qc35 and am considering returning them for these headphones. Hoping they fix the phone call issues.