Bose QC30 firmware update 1.2.8 - What's new

SOLVED
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bose QC30 firmware update 1.2.8 - What's new

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed firmware version 1.28 (previously 1.1.9).

Is there documentation about what has changed?

Please make sure that your firmware is up to date using one of the following:

ST

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose QC30 firmware update 1.2.8 - What's new

Thanks for the great post!

Here are the changes and added features available with the latest update to Bose Connect.

• General bug fixes and improvements for Android and iOS
  • Android connection issues
  • iOS 10 support. We’ve dropped iOS 8
  • Music Sharing (A Firmware update is needed on all Bose connect app compatible headsets in order to enable this feature.)
  • Apps we love

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Tony

12 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

I'm assuming support for Bose Music Share.

Thanks for the great post!

Here are the changes and added features available with the latest update to Bose Connect.

• General bug fixes and improvements for Android and iOS
  • Android connection issues
  • iOS 10 support. We’ve dropped iOS 8
  • Music Sharing (A Firmware update is needed on all Bose connect app compatible headsets in order to enable this feature.)
  • Apps we love

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Tony

Audible Advocate

Dear Bose,

Please add an Equaliser into your application for someone who wants more bass. Also an option to turn on and off ANC is much appreciated. Your Bose Connect music application is very basic and is not expected from a company like Bose.

Otherwise QC 35 is a fantastic product and i love it.

Regards,

Abhi

Audible Advocate

I purchased the QC30 today and it would be great if something can be done on the issue that everytime i connect my macbook pro, the inline microphone is not switched on. Because the mic is open, i need to go to the settings everytime to select the internal microphone so the sound of the QC30 is as it should be.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MichaelVanBuren,

I have the QC30 too. The normal behaviour is that the external microphone is off unless you are using an application like Skype that uses it.  On my iPad, when I want to talk to Siri, I long-press the middle button to activate the microphone. There's a beep and then Siri is listening.

The noise cancelling microphones are on all the time but as you have discovered, the amount of what you hear is controlled by the up/down buttons on the back of the inline controller.

Are you expecting or experiencing different behaviours?

ST

Audible Advocate

hey,

Thanks for explaining the issue with the sound and the mic. Indeed Skype is causing the issue with my sound. When i close skype, it works fine. Since i have skype and skype for business active for work, this might be annoying. The question is if this is a skype, OSX or Bose issue Smiley Wink

However, you pointed on siri. I am not a frequent user but tried a few things and seems to work "alright". When activating Siri on my iphone, she listens. But only tried this when the iphone was in my vicinity so the internal mic might pick it up.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi michaelvanburen,

I think this is probably a Bluetooth/Skype on OSX issue.... maybe. With Skype on my iPad, phone, and PC - the microphone only comes on when I'm actively on a call. This is the same on my PC whether I'm using Skype personal, preview or business versions.

ST

Community Manager
Community Manager

Additional information Firmware 1.2.8 adds support for

Bose Connect App 3.1.0

Noisy Narrator

Tony_G wrote: 

• Apps we love

Hi @Tony_G, just curious:  what is the "Apps we love" that you mentioned.  I don't recall seeing anything that sounded like that in the Connect app or anywhere else that I can recall.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!