Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Bose QC35: How to adjust noise cancellation when using audio cable

Hello Appropriate! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Yes, turning the headphones off when wired will disable ANC, Bluetooth, and the Active EQ. WIred use is intended primarily as a back up for times when you wish to connect with a device that does not have wireless capability (i.e. Inflight entertainments systems on aircraft). The controls on the headphones communicate over Bluetooth, so when the Bluetooth is off they will not function. Control of those functions when wired is handled on the connected device. Hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I understand, but since those controls are built-in in the cable of cheap headphones, perhaps the cable of these higher grade headphones should also have these controls built-in, or alternatively make the headphones controls work even when they are off but the cable is connected.Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I also want to control noise cancellation via cable connection. It is not possible at the moment.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi cozmus,

Thank you for registering your interest in this feature. You're correct - it is not possible at the moment. We have taken note that this is a feature that the community would like to see in the future.

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support