ryanparkes1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Bose QC35 I Connectivity Issues After Firmware Update

Hi all, I've just updated my Bose QC35 I firmware to the latest via the Bose connect app, AND simultaneously updated my iPhone XR to iOS 12.2 and my Macbook to latest Mojave.

My Bose cannot be found at all on either device now. I've tried by bluetooth and my Bose Connect app.

When I turn it on, it doesn't have the voice prompt anymore.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This really sucks!

UPDATE: When I try to connect via NFC it seems to work for a bit on the Bose connect app, then stalls for a bit and I get the error: AW SNAP! Something happened and we couldn't connect to Bose QuietComfort 35. Please make sure your product is on and within range of this device.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC35 I Connectivity Issues After Firmware Update

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. We will work with you to find a resolution. I would recommend trying some quick troubleshooting. Start by trying the following:

Let us know if this helps at all.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

ryanparkes1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Thanks I've tried both of these. To no avail.

There was a brief moment where it started working against last night, where it connected to my Macbook first then I was able to add it on Bose Connect on my phone. Then I went away for 5 mins and it is no longer in the bluetooth list at all (my phone has completely forgotten the device).

Hi Ryanparkes1, 

Thanks for attempting those troubleshooting steps. I am very sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. I would like to suggest a few other troubleshooting methods, Firstly I would recommend fully deleting the app from your device then reinstalling and attempting to pair device again. 

I also have a few questions I would like to ask: 

• Have you also tried performing a reset on your devices also? 
  • Have you attempted connecting them to another device that isn't your Mac/Phone?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

ryanparkes1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Hi Hector,

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app.

I haven't reset my devices, but I have tried pairing it with other devices and run into the same issues.

It is something to do with the device. Here's Another update: what happens is when I just switched it on, the voice assistant says the battery status, then says "Connected to Ryan's Macbook and Rya--" then cuts out. I think this is the issue and something is wrong with the QC35. Now when I try to turn it on again, no voice assistant, It doesn't register as on at all

Hello Ryanparkes1,

It sounds like you have done all of the recommended troubleshooting. 

In this instance, we would recommend reaching out to your local Customer Support Centre who will be able to assist you further.

To do this follow this link, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and select contact us.

Our team will be more than happy to help you!

We are always looking to improve our products and customer feedback is a vital part of doing this. 

So I would like to thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us.

I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Kind Regards,

Prince O