Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Bose QC35 II enforces phones vibration and notification sound

Hello,

I have a Bose QC35 II with Google Assistant enabled.

While using the headphones, everytime I receive a notification my phone starts vibrating and a sound is emmited. This totally bypasses my preference settings. (Disabling notification sound and vibration.)

This is obviously an undesired behaviour, as people at my workplace do not wish to head my phone vibrating at every notification.

Is my headphone broken? or is there a way to deactivate this fix this bug?

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QC35 II enforces phones vibration and notification sound

Hello there, Bolivor,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. What phone do you have? I just tested this with a QC35 II and an LG v10(Do not disturb mode), and found that my phone will not vibrate or make a noise upon receiving a notification such as from a text. Did you check your priorities and make sure you do not any Apps that are permitted to have sound and vibrate?

Also, try turning off the headphones and the Bluetooth on the phone, and test to see if your phone makes a sound and vibrates when you receive notifications

Let me know when you can.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Hello, 

I have the same problem. Whenever the headphones aren't connected, everything works fine (phone doesn't vibrate on new notifications). 

As soon as they're connected my phone starts vibrating on every notification, which is annoying because I already have a watch that vibrates. 

Is there any way I can turn off the vibration?

The headphones are on firmware version 3.1.8 and I'm using a Galaxy Note 8. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello yuan! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty. Are you able to tell me which version of Android you are running on your Galaxy Note 8. If you are able, can you try to duplicate the problem on a different device (preferably one not running the same version of the Android OS)?

Let us know what you find!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

I also have this problem with a Galaxy S6 Edge. I'm running Android version 7.0

The notifications that cause my phone to vibrate also aren't recognized by my headphones such that I can't have it read out the notification to me. These notifications are from non mainstream apps (proprietary chat app) as well as mainstream apps (New York Times).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Hi everyone,

is there a solution for now? I have the same problem  with my qc35 and Galaxy S9 and can't find any help for this problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey @nakwon, @andolf,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Try looking into the settings for the app. Some apps have a place to disable notifications. 

Can you also share which apps you're using? 

@andolf What version Android are you running? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2018

Do Not Disturb fixes it for me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

i'm running on Android 9 Pie. By my last posting i was on Android 8 Oreo. The problem on Android Pie is the same.

@nakwon can you giv more Details about this?have you activate the Disturb Mode general for complete System or only for a App? System Disturb mode is not a solution for me. i wannt to recieve the notifications, but i dont need the vibration on the phone, becase i use a android wear smart watch.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Hi guys,

i have the same issue. I can set my phone in the 'do not disturb' mode but that is not the solution. 

While working in a quiet environment i do not want to disturb the others but still want to receive my messages. 

I'm using the QC35 II (Firmware 3.1.8), Bose Connect 7.0, Android 9.

Best

Jonas 

PS: it would be nice if all Bose Apps would be able to have a better app standy by handling... Everytime I reopen the App it takes the app too long to recognize that it is connected.