Highlighted
zo2017
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Bose QC35 II - iPhone - Playing Spotify

I'm trying to control Spotify through the Google Assistant button on the left earcup, connected to the Assistant app my iPhone. Spotify is my default music service on the Assistant app on my iPhone. However, when I press the Google Assistant button on the headphones to ask to play something:

Me: Play Kaskade

QC35 II: I'm sorry, I can't play music on Spotify yet

Does anyone know how to get the QC35 II to play Spotify directly with the Google Assistant button, without fumbling through options on my iPhone?

If I use the Google Assistant app on my iPhone, Spotify opens the requested page but does not play the music. If I use the headphones, I just get the "I'm sorry, I can't play music on Spotify yet" message.

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 II - iPhone - Playing Spotify

Hey zo2017!

Thank you very much for reaching out to the community. So I tested this with the QC 35 II and my iPhone 7.  I linked my Spotify account (premium) and tried several ways of asking to open Spotify, play (insert artist) in Spotify, etc and I had the exact same result as you.  No matter how I phrased it the Assistant gave me the same voice prompt.  I tried with my phone locked, unlocked, Spotify already open etc and got the same result across the board. 

Based off of this I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify's customer support which I'm linking for you here.  I'm very curious to hear what you find - keep me posted if you can?

Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful New Years.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

MyDogsGotNoBose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

I had the same issue and messaged Bose. They responded saying that:

"If you are using an apple device, a new software update that is in development is allowing compatibility for spotify with the headphones, as it is currently not supported, however a software update will resolve that

No word on when the software update will be coming out though.

eddieaoneill
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

I picked up my new headphones today, Regarding the Spotify issue.

1. 50% of the time I get Sorry I can’t play music on Spotify yet

2. 40% of the time I get I looked for xxx on Spotify but it either isn’t available or can’t be played right now.

3. 10% of the time it does work

There was an update available for the headphones when I installed the app, but this has not helped.

eddieaoneill
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

Update

I updated to the latest firmware 2.2.1.

The issue with Google Assistant and Spotify has changed.

In order to play music from Spotify the Google Assistant has to be open and visible on my iPhone. This works 100% of the time. However it defeats the purpose of voice control if you have to keep bringing up the Assistant.

If the Assistant is in the background or phone is locked I get “Sorry I can’t play music on Spotify yet”

All other commands, with the Assistant work when it is running in the background. E.g. Weather, Travel etc

eddieaoneill
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2018

So I tried the same thing with Pandora. Exact same issue.

So to me it is an iPhone issue😂

Can’t see Apple fixing that