Highlighted
Ducktapefixesall
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2017

Bose QC35 II sound cancellation button doesn't work while using aux

I just got the Bose QC 35 II and the noise cancellation bothers me. I was using it with aux on my windows 10 PC. When I pair with bluetooth to my phone, the button to change noise cancellation level works just fine. I was wondering if it is just a bug or if for some reason you just cant change the noise cancellation levels while using aux.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
aroy314
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 II sound cancellation button doesn't work while using aux

I have the exact same issue, the noise cancellation button is not working with aux cable...

EDIT : you can turn it off using the Bose-connect app : unplug the cable, connect via bluetooth to your phone, plug the cable, turn off Noise Cancellation from the app

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey folks!

Thanks so much for posting and great catch.  This is the intended behavior.  So while the audio cable is connected this overrides a Bluetooth connection which is required to control the action button function and your device's connection to the Connect app.  Your headphones are working normally.

I hope this helped answer your question and put your mind at ease!

@aroy314 has a great tip there as well, you can connect briefly via Bluetooth to disable the ANC.

Have a fantastic rest of your week!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
aroy314
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Thank you very much for your answer.
Disabling the ANC with the action button while using the aux cable is a very important feature to me as my PC from work doesn’t have Bluetooth. Will it be implemented in a next software update or is that a hardware limitation ? Thanks !
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey aroy314,

Absolutely, happy to clarify.  I'm not sure exactly what this feature would involve but I will happily send it up the chain for consideration for you.

I hope that you're well!

Thanks for being a part of the community,

Shiloh_C