Andrey
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Bose QC35 II whatsapp won't connect during first call

Hi,

I usually have my QC35 II headphones switched off, lying on a table. When a call comes in, I turn them on, devices got connected and my call is automatically answered in gsm or telegram calls, I can start speaking w/o sliding "answer" bubble or pressing any button. Magic!

BUT! This doesn't work with whatsapp calls. Headphones get connected to phone, I see them in bluetooth devices. Call is NOT answered automatically. If I do answer call manually, bluetooth audio routing option is missing (I can either pick up the phone and talk or turn on speaker). Please help, it's very annoying. 

I tried resetting headphones - didn't help.

I de-paired devices and paired them again - didn't help.  

4 REPLIES 4
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QC35 II whatsapp won't connect during first call

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for posting. With WhatsApp being a 3rd party app it sounds like normal behavior. I was able to test this and found the same thing with other apps. Could I ask, have you tried any other apps with your phone and the QC35 II to see if the issue is consistent?

In the meantime, I will test this specifically with WhatsApp and post what I find here.

Kind Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Andrey
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Tony!

Thanks for reacting. Last firmware update (aka Alexa) improved situation, now if caller will wait long enough, Viber and Whatsapp calls will get bluetooth connection with QC35II from the first try. Unfortunatelly calls are not answered automatically, like in GSM or Telegram case. 

Andrey
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

UPD: From time to time when I switch on headphones when phone is ringing they will be listed as connected but call won't be routed through headphones. 

Still didn't find a solution for that.

Phone: Pixel 2 XL, stock Android 9, build PPR1.180610.009

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the update. I'm going to look into this more for you. In the meantime, any users in the community with a Pixel phone have the same issue? 

Regards,

Tony G