Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tytonic
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Bose QC35 Noise Cancelling makes me horribly sick?

After purchasing the Bose QC35 Noise Cancelling headphones, I very quickly stumbled across a discovery... They make me violeltly sick after only 10 minutes of use.

Allow me to elaborate- With or without music, after a only 10 minutes of wearing these headphones, I was confined to my bathroom violeltly throwing up for nearly an hour. I have tested a few things with these headphones in order to determine the cause. First, this only happened whilst the headphones were turned on, meaning it is not a physical problem with the headphones. Second, the enviornment I was in had no effect. And third, this was not a one time thing. Over the course of a week, I tested this 5 times. Everyday I felt perfectly fine until I put these headphones on. I must say, being sick eat day was awful, but I wanted to find the cause. I tested the Bose Soundlink 2 wireless headphones and had no such problem.

I have come to the conclusion that the Active Noise Cancelling is the cause of this sickness. As to why... Well, I can't say for certain. But I can speculate.

I am aware that the human brain uses the ears in order to determine your bodie's orientation relative to gravity. To the best of my understanding, the hair folocles inside of the ear are used to do this. They use microscopic, gravity sensitive crystals within these hairs to do so- the crystals rub up agaisnt nerve endings, which in turn tells the brain how you are oriented. Now, I believe that NC emits its own sound waves, ones that humans cannot hear, which vibrate the hairs in irregular ways, different from normal sounds, and confuses your brain. In short, it causes extreme vertigo.

Now please do not quote my theory or science- I do not claim to know these facts for certain, and there are a few holes in this. One, I have never gotten vertigo from anything whatsoever. And two, I did not feel any dizziness whatsoever with these headphones- they only gave me a headache and nausuea. So clearly, my theory may be wrong. I am not sure.

I have since returned the headphones and purchased the Soundlink 2 wireless headphones instead, which are more or less the same, just without the NC. I have encountered no issues whatsoever with these, and I absolutely love them.

Please, if anybody else ahs any theories of your own, or if anybody else has had a similar issue, please respond. I would very much like to get to the bottom of this, and find the cause.

1 REPLY 1
GhillieK9
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 Noise Cancelling makes me horribly sick?

Same thing happened to me....I read about it a bit and this is common to a very small percentage of people...I think around 5%....didnt read about the science behind it but that was good enough for me. Had to swap mine out. I now use some sound isolating....they block out the noise enough and no sickness.