Highlighted
bulegila
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Bose QC35 constantly starting music/videos on Macbook

So I have a pair of QC35 that I love and use everyday for work. But I have an issue that's driving me absolutely crazy.

When turning on the headphones or when hanging up from a call when also connected to my iphone, 8 times out of 10 something will start playing on my Mac. It will autostart either Spotify, iTunes, Quicktime player or VLC and start playing something. The application doesn't even always need to be open, it sometimes opens iTunes to start playing something. 

It's so disorienting to get off a call, where i have the volume turned up to hear the other person, only to immediately be blasted by full volume music that's of the QC35's choosing and not my own.

As much as I love nad depend upon these amazing headphones, this is getting to be such an issue I'm about to switch to something else if I can't find a fix for this. 

6 REPLIES 6
bulegila
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 constantly starting music/videos on Macbook

Anyone? I'm desperate for a solution.

Hi Bulegila,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, that really does sound like a startling problem. I'd like to try a few steps and see if we can narrow down where this issue is coming from.

Let's clear the paired list on the headphones first.  To clear the list you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt notifying you that the list is cleared.  At this point, make sure to delete the headphones from your Mac's paired list and clear the list on the Mac as well.  Then you can reestablish the connection, does it still happen now?

I have several questions I'd like to ask to get some more information:

When this happens, are the QC35s paired with the Mac? 

Could you give the Mac a reboot and see if that helps? 

What OS are you running on the Mac?

Does this happen if the headphones are paired t only the Mac? 

What software version is the QC35s running? 

if you unpair the headphones with the Mac and test them on another computer, does the same thing happen?

Thank you kindly and I look forward to your response so we can get this fixed for you!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

bulegila
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

I cleared all devices from my headphones as well as my Mac. I then repaired using the Bose Connect on my iPhone to pair to my phone again. I made a call and hung up, and immediately music started playing again. I am losing my mind and on the verge of selling the headphones and never purchasing another Bose product ever again.

To answer your questions:

When this happens, are the QC35s paired with the Mac? Yes of course they are.

Could you give the Mac a reboot and see if that helps? I have rebooted my Mac no shortage of dozens of times since I started experiencing this issue and it does not help. 

What OS are you running on the Mac? It happened both on the current 10.13.1 and whatever it was on previously.

Does this happen if the headphones are paired t only the Mac? I don't do calls on my computer and it would be impossible to mnake a call on my iPhone if my headphones are only paired to the Mac so not relevant.

What software version is the QC35s running? No idea. I have downloaded the Bose Updater app and when I launch the webpage it tells me to connect my headphones. I do and nothing happens.

if you unpair the headphones with the Mac and test them on another computer, does the same thing happen? I do not have another computer to test it on.

I'm literally dumbfounded at how these headphones can be opening apps on my computer. It's insane.

I LOVE these headphones so much for flights, but not as much as I HATE being bombarded with usic blasting full volume in my ears every time I hang up a call.

bulegila
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

I have upgraded the firmware through the Bose Conenct app on my iPhone. And done everything else you have recommended. 

The problem is still persisting. I literally can't take this anymore, it is driving me to a point of extreme frustration/anger everytime it happens and is completely ruining my work day. I'm so disappointed such an expensive piece of luxury equipment could have such a massive flaw that can't be fixed. 

Hi 

Thanks for responding and for all the information provided. We want to get you back to enjoying your product and the more information we can gather the easier it would be to assist you. I would just like to clarify one thing, we were inquiring if the issue was happening when not using the multipoint feature of the headset. Here is a link that explains multipoint in more detail.

Multipoint explained. One headset for all your phones.

Please let us know as soon as possible. 

If you need support, you can always reach out to your local Bose support., Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Tony

bulegila
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

I have only noticed it when using the multipoint function, yes.