davidianstyle
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Bose QC35 crackling when connected to multiple devices

I've been noticing lately that my Bose QC35 headphones have been crackling at random times when connected to multiple devices (ie. iPhone 7 + iPad Mini 3). The sound quality is top notch when connected to only one device at a time.

The following post seems to mention that it was a problem on Apple's end and that it's been addressed. but I'm still getting unexpected artifacts of crackling (most noticeable on alert notification dings).

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-crackling-and-clicking-during-playback/m-p/327...

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
gabygab3
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 crackling when connected to multiple devices

Hi!

I have the exact same problem, with the sound on my Lenovo laptop crackling and stopping when I'm connected with my Google Pixel.

I found a way to recreate the problem: Whenever I load a video on Youtube, the sound crackle and stops for the first few seconds of the video. 

While trying possible solutions, I went in the settings of the Bose Connect app on my pixel, turned off 'Pixel' in 'connexions', and connected it back. After that, the problem stopped. I'm connected to both my devices, and I have no problem when opening youtube videos.

I don't know if it'll solve the problem in the long run, but it works for now.

Hope it works for you!

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 crackling when connected to multiple devices

Hi @davidianstyle!

I'm glad you're here.  I'm thinking that we should try performing a reset of the headphones, I have included the steps here below for you:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Another step I'd recommend is clearing the pairing list.  To do this you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt notifying you that it's cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists.  You can then reestablish the connections.

If you could also just verify that your firmware is up to date that will help us rule out a couple things as being the source of the issue.

Let me know how it goes?  I hope this helps.

Have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C