lackofbbq
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Bose QC35 has white noise coming from right ear, irritatingly inconsistent

My brother's QC35 1 has white noise coming from the right ear. We've had the headphones since December 25, 2017 and no problems have arisen until today.

When my brother demonstrated the effect to me, the white noise was persistent, loud, and irritating, but coming out of only the right ear.

When I've tried it, the issue seems almost nonexistent, so perhaps this is a problem with his connected device. It's an Apple iPhone 7 with the latest iOS.  Without a paired device, the headphones' white noise seems to flare up relative to the amount of air circulation in the room, (e.g. ceiling fans, open windows) but with a wired connection no issues arise. The problem does not persist on my personal QC35 1, only on m y brother's. An explanation is severely required, because I'm in hot water- I've been accused of mucking up the headphones.

Can anyone help? Please make this urgent!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose QC35 has white noise coming from right ear, irritatingly inconsistent

Good morning, lackofbbq!

Welcome to the community, I'm glad that you reached out!  Let's get this resolved and clear your name!

I think that you're onto something when you say that this seems like a device specific issue.  Just to confirm, the headphones are being used with a Bluetooth connection?  Does this behavior occur all the time with music or just on phone calls?

Thank you for posting and kindly enjoy your day,

Shiloh - Community Support 

lackofbbq
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Thanks for replying! The issue is always there, according to my knowledge. It's my brother's pair, and I haven't had a chance to test out calls yet, but the issue seems to be the strongest when using a Bluetooth connection. I imagine calls would be quite the same, but the noise isn't only ocurring during calls.

Hey there!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Based off of what you're describing I'm thinking that it would be best to reach out to customer support.  That behavior sounds like a potential issue with the headset. 

For more information on what your available options are I would recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Please take care,

Shiloh