Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Bose QC35 ii fail

I have purchased the Headphones for two purposes. The main and which I use more is when I'm at home and when the family is watching TV I wanted to put the headset and read a book or something. But to my surprise the sound of the TV was not suppressed and it was annoying that I still hear the sound and could not focus on reading. I also noticed that it only blocks high noises. People talking and voices around are not blocked. So I can say it is Useless that I have paid this price unless I have got a defective one and I don't know it.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 ii fail

Hi MABULRUB

Thanks for posting in the community!

The QC35II headset is designed to block out a lot of low frequency droning noises like the sounds of a cabin in a plane.  We do try and block a lot of other frequencies, but there may be some leakage into the headset from higher pitch frequencies.  Are you using these while playing music or just the noise cancellation?  Have you also connected them to the Connect App and check what the noise cancellation level is?

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Thanks for your reply
Yes I connected them through the App and I tried all the three levels. Even on High I still heard.

I had to put the music very high to make the TV sound lower, almost to the highest level.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MABULRUB,

Thanks for responding. I wanted to jump in here and add on to what Tony_A was mentioning. No combination of passive and active technologies reducing sound entering your ear can make sounds with higher-frequencies, particularly at voice frequencies, completely inaudible. We do have a post that talks more about ANC that you can see here.

QC35 ANC Troubleshooting and Informational Guide

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support