anmolmo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Bose QC35 ii google assistant button not function on Android O

Updated to Android 8 / Android O recently and have noticed that setting the action button as google assistant doesn't result in any functionality or voice recognition.

Whilst Google assistant works with multi function button, the main reason I liked having the action button setting which would also read out notifications to you with a quick press.

Any solutions or is this an Android O issue

6 REPLIES 6
ivanotls
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 ii google assistant button not function on Android O

I have exactly the same issue.

I have updated my OnePlus 3T today to Android 8. All work fine, but the assistant button of my Bose QC-35II.

The Bose QC 35 II, appears in the list of the devices of the google assistant : Voice Notification is activate, as well the device appears as connected.

Newertheless, when a  I push the left button of my Bose QC-35II, I dont get the voice of the assistant telling me the hour, and my pending notification.

Also Keeping pressed the  left button, and asking for a question, does not get any answer back.

Then, I try to remove all the  paired devices from my Bose QC-35II, and from my mobile. Re-paired again : same issue.

Finally, I tried to remove (erasing the cache before of remove) ans reinstall both Bose and Google application, but this also does not solve the issue.

😞 I'm disappointed ...

pseudo92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

I am facing a similar issue. Google Assistant button worked fine until I updated my OnePlus 3T to Android Oreo. Now, the Google Assistant button does nothing if it is set to use Google Assistant. I also cannot Play/Pause/Skip song using the Multifunction button. Only volume controls work.

However, if I set Google Assistant button to use Noise Cancellation, I can Play/Pause/Skip songs. Given that the main reason I got the QC35 series II was to use the Google Assistant button for notifications, it's a major bummer that it has stopped working. Hopefully, Bose can recitfy the issue. 

ivanotls
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

pseudo92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Awesome, keep us posted if you hear back from OnePlus. Looks like it is more widely affected than I first thought.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I've created a post in THIS THREAD asking for some more information if you guys could so kindly provide for us so we can look into this issue with the Action Button more for you.  Thank you!

Have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

ok
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017