itsjwags
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

Bose QC35 keeps pairing to macbook pro even when headphones are turned off

I'm unsure how this is even possible, but even when I turn off my headphones and start playing music on my computer the headphones lights will come on and then play music through them. I have to turn the headphones on and then off again to stop this. Then randomly within a few more minutes they will pair again.

I don't get why or how is this even happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose QC35 keeps pairing to macbook pro even when headphones are turned off

Hi itsjwaags,

Thanks for posting to the community!  That is certainly not the intended behavior of the headphones, let's start with a reset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If the reset does not help the issue then I would suggest reaching out to customer support to see what your available exchange options are.  Just click here - select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".

I hope this helps - let me know how it goes?

Have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

itsjwags
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

This did not help. I thought maybe for a few days it was working but it's back at it again. I have the headphones bluetooth switched off but it still connects to my macbook pro. I'll switch it on and off again to try and disconnect, which will work for a couple seconds up to a couple minutes, then it will connect to my laptop again. Still with the switch off.

If I leave them plugged in to my laptop though, they won't automatically pair to the laptop. 

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey itsjwags,

Thanks for coming back to update me, sorry the reset didn't solve the issue.  It makes sense that when you leave the headphones plugged into your Mac they don't connect, when you hardwire the connection Bluetooth is automatically disabled.  

It sounds like it's time to reach out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "Contact us".  Support will be able to help you figure out what your available options are. 

Let me know if you need anything or I can help?

I hope you enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C