Bose QC35 right ear not working only with laptop

Silent Starter

Bose QC35 right ear not working only with laptop

Recently my Bose QC35's right ear stopped working completely with my laptop (Apple MacBook Pro 2015). 

However, the headphones do work on both sides when I use them with any other device. The only way to get the right side to work with my computer is by using the wire instead of bluetooth.

I've tried clearing my device list, clearing my bluetooth devices list on my laptop, and nothing is working. This problem first started right after connecting my headphones by wire to my laptop for the first time 2 days ago. 

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Silent Starter

Re: Bose QC35 right ear not working only with laptop

Edit: Nevermind solved the issue!

Vocal Volunteer

Just go in your sound settings, and set the sound in the middle. (must have switched the sound equalizer to the left, disabling the right sound.)

Thanks,
Marcel M.

Hello aic92,

Thank you for writing in, and glad to hear that everything worked out! Could you share with us on how you resolved your issue? It could perhaps benefit other users in the community. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Silent Starter

Re: How to contact customer support?

I need help and can't figure out how to start a new thread, so forgive me adding to this one. 

I have QC35's that have hardly ever been used.  When connected via Bluetooth to my MacBook Pro, there suddenly isn't volume comming thru the R ear. They were working perfectly all day yesterday and this morning, and then suddenly no sound in the R ear. I have been studying for an exam all week and using them all week to perfection. They are fully chargerd. I disconnected the bluetooth and reconnected it, and it didn't help. When I connect the headphones via the cable provided, to the laptop, there is volume in both ears. 

I also just did the firmware update as well, but to no avail. The situation is still the same. 

Please help! Thanks

Carol

Highlighted

Re: How to contact customer support?

Hello carolk,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QuietComfort 35 headphones. I would be more than happy to help you with this, I would recommend checking the equalizer setting as @air92 has suggested. I would also suggest doing a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I am also curious to know whether this happens with any other device too, please test the headphones with Bluetooth on your phone.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C