Bose QC35ii Google Assistant "Sorry I can't read you all of your updates right now"

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose QC35ii Google Assistant "Sorry I can't read you all of your updates right now"

Long story short, recently Google assistant on my Bose QC35ii wireless headsets will not alert me of text messages. Instead, it tells me "Sorry, I can't give you all of your updates right now." I have notifications enabled for multiple apps (including messages) and it's very frustrating. I have no clue if it's a Google Assistant problem or if it's a Bose problem. I've tried doing the reset suggested previously and it has not solved the issue. I can still use it's normal functionality such as "read my last text message" and it will, but as notifications come in, it gives me the above message. 

In case this info is important, I have a Galaxy S9+ and also a Samsung Gear S3. 

I hope this issue is resolved shortly. That was one of my favorite features of Google Assistant. 

5 REPLIES

Re: Bose QC35ii Google Assistant "Sorry I can't read you all of your updates right now"

Hi rackham1207,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that. You mention that the issue was a recent thing. Have there been any changes or updates to your phone since it did work? 

Please come back and update us.

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Re: Bose QC35ii Google Assistant "Sorry I can't read you all of your updates right now"

I have the same issue on my Pixel 2 XL. I thiink the issue started after the Android Pie update. I have tried clearing all the data for both the Bose connect and Google assistant apps on my phone. I have rebooted both devices and made sure all updates are done. I have reset and repaired my headset with the phone and it still says the same thing "Sorry I can't read you all of your updates right now" after it says that if you press the google assistant button again it will say " you don't have any new notifications." Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. 

Hi sbeaver07,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about that, Would it be possible for you to try the headphones on another mobile device? That way we could narrow the issue down to the Android update.

Please come back and update us when you can.

Regards,

Tony G

Silent Starter

It works fine with my iPhone 8S. Looks like the issue may be with the new Android pie update. Was working until my Pixel 2 XL got the udpate. 

Silent Starter

I thought I'd also provide another data point. I had this issue with my Google Pixel and now my Google Pixel 3 and specifically with the messages app. I believe this started happening around the time of the update to Android Messages that added the web capabilities (many months ago) and not so much an Android Pie issue. But I could be wrong. Happy to provide any more details as needed.