Christopher Lee
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

It's not particullary important to me if Bose35II are selling well. Good for them. I just know Sony is better by test comparison and they are the same price. You get more bang for the buck with the sony and absolutely the best noise cancelling in the world. Also Sony has so many more features than bose and much better bluetooth low latency support. I'm not buying Bose anymore because they have been passed by. If they come up with a better headphone with superior technology than Sony, I be glad to come back on board. I buy new headphones all the time. The next generation of Sony flag ship model headphones will be even better and widening the gap between Bose and Sony. Bose can stay complacent. It doesn't matter to me. I just want the best headphone availabe which comes out every year. I will retire this Sony when a better one comes. Money is no object to me. 

joe23
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Any news about the qc45?
Patrick_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi joe23,

Thank you so much for your interest. We currently have no information regarding the release of any future headphones. As soon as we do we will post to the New Products and Announcements section of the Bose Community. 

Kindest regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

mirzaaur
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2019

Hei,

I would like to recommend of adding a small gadget with new release of Bose: its Airplane two pin to wirless adapter which is pairable to QC 45 locally on plane. I am a frequent traveller and use my Bose qc on flight often with cable. it  seems annoying always connecting cable while watching in flight entertainment. so an adapter rather than 2 pin to single 3.5 a wirelss one will be a good addition.

best wishes to my favourite audio posessions !

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Highly unlikely that Bose will discuss unannounced products here until it is officially released.  I don't work for Bose and did notice some discussion in the Bose Connect app release notes concerning "... Bose AR - an innovative audio-only take on augmented reality".  So whatever that means, I suspect they will have one or more products doing that.  Perhaps the next follow on headset or perhaps something different.  What I am hoping to see is a headset with support for Bluetooth 5.x.  There are smartphones, such as the iPhone 8 and X that already support BT 5.x.  BT 5.x has better performance, further range, and built-in support for multiple simultaneous devices (and more).

I would be pleasantly suprised if we saw products by the end of April.  I would guess, if not, likely by end of summer for the holiday season.  But like others here - I am a groundhog prognosticator.  🙂

Kala
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

I agree with most of the upgrade needs. The comfort of the QC 35 is superrior compared for WH-1000 XM2, but the XM3 comfortness is allmost excelent.

Only one feature which is missing from Bose, Sony and all other brands. That is a 'Library mode'. I really need NC headset which can block Macbook, Optiplex, Proliant, Wyse, Keytronics, Logitech, Sufrace and HP folio keyboard clicks and media-pad taps away while Im studying 16 hrs a day at unversity library. Its not all avout clicks and taps, but also whispering and talk. Microphones should block ambient noice and wind while walking outside. Also quick tap to hear ambient noise is important while have to say thankyou to a cashier at grossery store. 20 hrs battery life is enough, but 2.5mm headphone jack is not. It has to be 3.5mm .

Ros
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2019

Any new information on bose q45 release date?
joe23
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

no we will ve to wait and see
glacier
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Re: Q45 Release Date

@nikkorman wrote:

Why is everyone saying that the QC 35 II is outdated? How is it oudated? The M3's are nice but the headbands tend to crack....

Easy... outdated with it's old Bluetooth version, battery life, charge port, and noise-canceling ability. Get on it Bose.  I'm ready for the next upgrade!  I love my QC35s.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Q45 Release Date

Well we have 'learned' from earlier today that now there two different versions of the QC35ii and the only way to tell the difference is to look at the serial number suffix.  My QC35s which have a manufacturing date of 10/8/18 and have a AE suffix are now the older of the two versions.  The newer ones have an "AZ" suffix.  The AZ ones are the only version compatible with the recently announced Bose "AR" technology.

Perhaps they should have named them QC35iii? 🙂