Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

So funny you should say this because I've thought for the last 15 years Sony has been treading water. Respectfully, I'd take Infinity, Boston, Polk or JBL before I even thought about listening to Sony... but that's floor standing drivers. My critique of Bose (again, floor standing speakers) is they lack in higher frequency in some of their speakers and miss the crisp vital high frequency range. This goes to the design of their enclosures and the manipulation of sound through an proprietary Bose amp on only 1 or 2 kind of drivers in that enclosure. On the other hand, the QC35 are the best headphones I've heard so far and their frequency response is fantastic. I agree a USB-C connection is needed in their next model but I enjoy that I don't have to pair and re-pair when it comes to the myriad bluetooth devices I jump around to like Sony makes you do. I keep my two favorites connected and then when I need to switch up, I cycle to the other computer that the headset ws already paired with. It's such a time saver since I hate to waste time on trivial things. The QC35s have been awesome, especially when travelling and I can't wait to see how the next gen Bose will put Sony on their heels again.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Whishlist for the next Quietcomfort headphones (QC45?)

I have a QC35 for a few years now and really enjoy it. But the QC35 has been released in June 2016, so it is almost 3 years old. But as most recent reviews mention Sony WH-1000XM3 being better then the QC35(II), I would hope for Bose to release a new headphone that improves on the QC35. When they do, these are the improvements I would propose as my personal wish-list:

1. Improved ear cushions: my ear cushions break around every 9 months; every time the stiching rips open and the green filling/stuffing gets exposed. I already had to replace these cushions twice. I would be good if the cushions were more robust and less likely to rip open after months of normal usage.
  2. Make it easier to replace the ear cushions: if you want to replace the ear cushions, you have to pull and push etc. which is really a hassle. It would be so much easier if the ear cushions would have the turning mechanism from the Bang and Olufsen H9(i). See: http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/15270/~/how-do-i-replace-the-ear-cushion-on-be...
  3. Removable battery option: this would make it possible for a customer to just order a new battery and replace it him/herself in case the battery can't hold its charge anymore. This prevents people from having to buy a new headphone or getting a new one for free from Bose under the warranty.
  4. Support for Bluetooth 5.0: this makes higher bitrate and higher range possible. Possibly, it can also improve battery life.
  5. Improve the battery life: currently it is around 20. But the Sony WH-1000XM3 offers 30 hours. Hopefully Bose can match this to keep up with the competition.
  6. Make it possible to charge and listen to music at the same time. This prevents people from being unable to use the headphones because the battery died.
  7. Deliver a longer charging cable with the next QC. Currently the charging cable isn't very long. This makes it not easy to charge your QC if your PC for example is under a table or something like that. 
  8. Deliver a charging cable with USB-C support instead of the old USB-b: this makes faster charging possible and also makes the cable future-proof.
  9. Improve the ANC: currently the Sony WH-1000XM3 is having better ANC according to numerous reviews. Hopefully Bose will keep up with the competition and be the king of ANC again.
  10. Deliver a longer 3.5 mm jack cable: currently it is 2.5 mm to 3.5 and also a bit too short. By making it longer and 3.5 to 3.5 mm, it will be easier to connect the headphones to your device and also make the cable option more universal.
  11. Make the battery indication more accurate: the battery indicator is currently almost always wrong. Some examples: after 15 minutes of charging it says it is at 90%, saying it is at 40% and a few minutes later it is only at 10% etc. It seems the QC35 can't estimate the battery life left really well. It feels like the QC35 often over- and underestimates how well it is charged.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Re: Whishlist for the next Quietcomfort headphones (QC45?)

I might wait until June-July, else will go for some other ANC Headphone.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Hi Everybody.

One thing I can say for certain is, when you see the price come down from AUD $499 to $395 rrp, you know a new release is imminent. Just like Apple as an example, they never discount their products until the next generation is ready to be or actually released.

My son inherited my QC35II and as we are about to travel overseas, I just bought the discounted QC35II as I do not want to be on a plane for 16 hours without the peace & quiet of the headphones. I know what they are like, comfortable, quiet & have all the features I need. Can't wait anyway & with a $100 discount off the previous rrp, I can't complain. (All retailers have the same discounted price now).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

All the ANC headphones are pretty much on sale in UK on Amazon.
Don't think it means QC45 are on the way.
Jabra too has revealed the pricing of their ANC headphones - £279
It's cheaper than the discounted QC35, plus has better battery performance, rain resistance, as per the reviews from CES, they too are top notch.
Not sure how Bose thinks it will compete with old product.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

well again we will ve to wait and see what ever we say wont change anything
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I tested the mx3 next to the 35ll for one week, and sent the mx3 back. Sony needs to update the mx3 to fit peoples ears comfortably, shallow ear cups and stiff cushions, and the clamping pressure is a little too tight. The mx3 does not sound as good in my opinion, garbled mid ranges, and boomy bass. 

I'm quite pleased with my 35lls, I just wished I could've gotten a pair in custom colors red/black. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Joe23,

you're absolutely right, but it's fun to speculate a little.
I bought the Sony MX3 because I didn't want to wait any longer for a new Bose.
I must say the Sony sounds better, but the Bose (QC25)  is more comfortable on the ears.
I didn't buy the QC35 because I wanted to wait for the QC45 when I heared the Sony MX3 had better NC than the QC35. So I hoped the QC45 would have even better NC to put Bose back on top of the NC game. I think it's important for Bose to stay the NC King.

I have only one wish for the QC45, I hope it will be the first to realy cancel human voices out (actively). Sony doesn't perform better on human voices than Bose. (to my opinion)

I know canceling out human voices is hard to do, but I would pay 500 euro for a headphone who could!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

So out of all of these die hard qc35 fans, we have no idea what anc chipset is used? Must be a teardown that says this. I saw that the apple teardown had a different anc chip than the cirrus logic. Do we know who supplies bose? If so just watch for a new anc chip to be released or recently released or soon the be released
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

It really is impressive how nothing has been leaked yet about the QC45's release date or any of the features that will be added.  I just hope the QC45 is released before the next Sony version.  We'll see I guess.