Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

i am really dissapointed i did not want to have sony i want the same as qc35 but better i loved the look and how it feels on, i am not going to buy this model i am going to buy the qc35ii so i have two incase of the first go broke.

This was not what i thought and wanted from now on i am not looking for more headphones not even from Bose 

so annoyed better go before i write some ...words.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

im still gona wait for qc45
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Here are my three things that I wondered about and have asked Bose (got one answered):

1. Is it BT 4 or 5 - even the manual says nothing about which version

2. Will the QC35ii be discontinued (Bose says NO to this)

3. When you turn it off will it be in BLE state or totally off like the QC35ii?  If its in BLE state other things will be able to turn it on even when its off.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2019

The doomsday bells are ringing prematurely imo (in my honest opinion)!

I love my QC35s more than I love any man or woman except for my mother. They’ve been with me through every emotion and seen me at my most vulnerable and at my most intimate, believe me. I will, if you forgive me, effing die for this metal-plastic conglomerate. It’s my dog.

The concerns are understandable. Sony have upped their game like the game-uppers they are and now they’re Bose’s closest rival. The QC35s and XM3s are the best NC headphones in the market and by extension, Earth.

Remember though we have no idea what these will feel like on our essentially grotesque pinnae yet. But it’s Bose, comfort is their thing.

Or maybe they had to change the name because they’re not actually comfortable, thereby violating the promise implied in ‘Quiet Comfort’?

Bring forth the hands-on reviews.

No. That’s a charade. We all know the real game here. The brand agitprop has long burrowed into my deepest recesses. Take my money and run.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2019

I've preordered. I have a hard time believing that comfort will necessarily take a step backward just because they look more similar to the sony's than the long in the tooth QC's. The problem with the Sony's is the size of the earcup not being large enough. Just because the 700's no longer look like couch cushions doesn't mean they won't comfortably fit over the ear. I'm more worried about the NC ability being better than before, which they state will be. Hopefully they've figured out how to block chatter (which they infer has been accomplished in the description)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

@mreloc 

if it does block out chatter (better than qc35 and sony) I'll buy one without a doubt!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

Contrary to many here, I like the design; not a huge fan of the touch controls though - hope they don't discolor the right ear cup in a few months.

I do hope they will include BT 5.0 & support for AptX HD codec - if they don't they are shooting themselves in their feet.

The most disappointing thing is after 3 years, there's no improvement to the battery performance and the quick charge speeds are hugely underwhelming

Will wait for some reviews before ordering them.

I read somewhere that they will start shipping by June 20, any idea when they are coming to the UK?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2019

Bluetooth 5.0 and the codecs are AAC & SBC.

sbc.PNG5.0.PNG

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2019

I understand your disappointment.  I do not care for the look of the 700 and it does appear to be flimsy.  However, I will hold back on judging these to be a disappointment until I hear them.  As a result of what I see and read from the Bose release I will need to read a lot of reviews and take a trip to Best Buy to hear them.  I hope I am wrong but I don’t see a lot improvement over the QC35. Perhaps we will hear what we don’t see.  Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 15, 2019

@Neoninfinity wrote:

Bluetooth 5.0 and the codecs are AAC & SBC.

sbc.PNG5.0.PNG

Since it's confirmed as BT 5.0, I wonder why the range of 30ft is so small? Maybe its trading range for quality?