Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2018

Bose Qc45 Release Date

Hello. When will the Qc45’s be released. If they have the changes from my suggestions in “Upcoming Bose Qc45 Suggestions” then I will be the first to buy them, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

208 REPLIES 208
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Bose Qc45 Release Date

Hello! 

Thanks for posting and for sharing your suggestions. We do not have any specific information regarding the next generation of headphones, however you are in the right place to hear about it when we have new information to share.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

If Bose don't release or announce the QC45 before the holiday season, people will buy Sony WH-1000XM3. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

Agree. I really want to buy the Bose ones but the current model is too old. I have waited for too long and I’m not going to wait any longer. Either The qc45 gets release this year before christmas or i buy the Sony M3... which i guess i’ll keep for 3-5 years.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Too old ?

QC35 was released in June 2016 and is still considered the best BT headphone (still ahead of WH-1000XM3). I prefer to wait another year rather than Sony with one headphone by year, but still behind QC35.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

Bose has better sound but Sony M3 has better noise cancellation.

Bose cons: released mid 2016, no access to EQ, poor battery life, bluetooth 4.1, no USB,

Sony pros: released mid 2018, app gives access to EQ, much better battery life, bluetooth 4.2, USB.

If Bose comes with a new version with improved noise cancellation and improved battery life (partly due to bluetooth 4.2 or 5, partly because of better battery technology) then Bose is definitely a no brainer. EQ is probably not happening, which sucks, but it is what it is.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

ANC is not that better. It's better on certains frequencies, but not all:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-2/graph#565/2090/678

Indeed, I'd like an EQ too, but I can use the one from my audio player.

The battery life is totally NOT a problem, as BT 4.1. You won't have better battery life with 4.2 or 5.

I'd prefer a better 4.1 chip with better range than a 4.2.

For USB, I don't understand the problem. It's a wireless headphone. Wire is so yesterday, USB or Jack.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2018

He likely meant USB type C port. The new sonys have a type C, but I'm still struggling to plug in by bose in the dark.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

No one will be waiting until you decide towards the newer model!!!
There always will be people such as yourself waiting for the next upgrade, buy it today and sell later and get the newer one.
At least this is how all people I know do.
Remember: IT WILL NEVER BE 100% YOU WANT. IT IS MARKETING AND BUSINESS MODEL YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND.
TRUST ME IT IS PERFECT NOW, TODAY!
YOU LIVE TODAY, BUY IT NOW AND ENJOY TODAY.

Here some problems you mention and simple solutions:
-Did you know Sony only pairs to 1 device at a time? Bose keeps 2 devices connected at once. This is so much more important and versatile then EQ.
-EQ (there is an EQ in EVERY MUSIC PLAYER APP out there wakeup).
-No Type C USB (Seriously? And the other mico USB isn' a cable? It does something better? They both connect and charge your device...). I am in IT and to be honest out of 5 devices I only have with type C is the note 9 everything else is micro USB.
-About the battery life HOLY CRAP are you that serious? Bose's 20 hour of playing music gets me almost all week of daily use. If you have problems between 20 hours and 30 hours then you will be always looking for something that it doesn't have.
- One of the last ones and some of most important to many, it is regarding the fit. Sony earcups are so narrow and not deep enough you will be sweating your ears off.

The QC35ii Is by far one of the best NC headphones out there!! BUY IT AND YOU WILL SEE WHY.

P.S. I am the owner of QC15, then QC25 then QC35 and now QC35ii and yes I heard Sony sound I would agree with many its more entertaining than QC35. I will tell you this if sony comes up with 4th uprgade with deeper earcups and multiple devices connection. I might be the first one in line to buy it (Busines is business, I am true Bose fan BUT IF ONE DOESN'T LISTEN IT'S OWN FANS THEN WE MOVE ON. Simple as that......saga continues.........)!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Wow, your comment was a real PITA to read.
Firstly, there isn't an EQ in every music player. Spotify doesn't have one.
Secondly, USB C is much better because you don't have to fiddle in the dark trying to get it the right way round.
Thirdly, just because you don't agree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean you have to shout them down and start saying they're too young to understand.

Your excessive use of capitalisation and punctuation was just plain annoying too.