Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MariusDV
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2018

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II - High Volume

I have recently bought the Bose QuietComfort 35 II and I've often used software that amplifies the volume (from the pc, only Bluetooth) (for a short time) to the maximum until I get a very distorted audio and bass.

Can this cause damage to the headphone speakers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II - High Volume

Author Accepted Answer selected by MariusDV

Hey there,

Thanks for your quick reply!  So I looked into this for you and ran this information by some coworkers and the consensus is that distortion is not ideal, if you're experiencing the distortion, volume spikes etc, we'd recommend reducing these occurrences if you can.  It's not likely that this would truly damage the headphones. 

I hope that helps clarify a bit for you, please let me know if you need anything else!

Take care,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there!

Thank you so kindly for reaching out to the community, that's a great question.  I'd like to gather some more information, does this distortion occur when paired with a mobile device as well?  And what software programs are you using to amplify the sound?

I hope that you have a wonderful day and please take care,

Shiloh - Bose Support 

MariusDV
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2018

Thank you for your reply. First of all, the headphones work great and there are no audio problems or distortions even at maximum volume. However, I've used programs to amplify the sound (such as extensions that equalize the audio on chrome, or by taking a track and amplifying its volume until it distorts the sound), and I'm afraid that this may have damaged the headphones (even if I don't notice any difference in normal use).

I hope that there are safeguards and that nothing has been ruined.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by MariusDV

Hey there,

Thanks for your quick reply!  So I looked into this for you and ran this information by some coworkers and the consensus is that distortion is not ideal, if you're experiencing the distortion, volume spikes etc, we'd recommend reducing these occurrences if you can.  It's not likely that this would truly damage the headphones. 

I hope that helps clarify a bit for you, please let me know if you need anything else!

Take care,

Shiloh 

View solution in original post