Andysss
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Re: Bose Quiet Comfort 35 and Skype bluetooth functionality on Android

Hi @Tony_G

I appreciate your response. I have already been guided through these steps with another Bose customer service representative and went through them (and more, just like @xroupist) even before contacting customer service.

I have also contacted Skype who refused that it was a problem on their end if a headset was not compatible with Skype. They said to contact Bose customer service.

I am currently in the process of returning my headset to you and hope that the new one I will recieve will work with Skype. However, I have read that the problem returns from other customers who have returned the headset, so I am afraid I might still get this problem even with a new headset - I'll keep you updated.

I would still appreciate to see an official Bose firmware solution to this problem. 

Thank you,

Best,

Andreas

brazil
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

I also have the same problem and don't know what to do...

day
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

I hit the same problem!
Help!!

rappaportx
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

return if you can, this is known flow with the headset firmware. 

engeneers are at this point blaming it on Skype security encryption methods.

that prevent bluetooth to decode it. 

Henrik D
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

Having the same issue, tells me in Skype settings there is no microphone on the headset, that's the same as you got?

shinobu_akahori
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

I had a same issue on Soundsport. I spent 2 days to fixe it. But I could not. Finally, I reached to the fact that Skype lite works well. So, it is the my best solution so far.

Silberstreif
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Same problem here - it does not matter if I try to use Skype on my Pixel 2 Android phone or my Windows 10 PC.

FThomas
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

My Quietcomfort 35 II Bluetooth headphones are only partially working with Skype. I can manually dial the number and hear each touch tone, then dial / call the number and hear the ringing. BUT the minute the call is connected the headphones drop the call and I can only use my tablet speaker and microphone. The tablet is a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus running Android 6.0.1. I am hearing impaired and my Siemens behind the ear hearing aids are Bluetooth and work perfectly with my two tablets and my Samsung J3 and A7 Android phones. It is very frustrating that I cannot use my new Bose headphones in a like manner. I wanted a higher quality audio experience, which is why I chose Bose! Disappointed! I have followed all of the above solutions to no avail! The only thing I have not tried is changing the settings on my laptop, which are not available on Android.

Bose I am looking to you for a solution or I will simply be forced to return this headset for a Sony or ??? As a hearing impaired Disabled Veteran quality headphones make life a lot more enjoyable!
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

The bluetooth technology Skype uses (and all other phone services or programs that use the microphone) will not provide a higher quality audio experience regardless of brand due to the techonology limitation in bluetooth when handling the sending and receiving of communication audio. 

Your hearing aids do not utilize bluetooth technology that stereo bluetooth headphones use. When you connect a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones to your tablet, they connect utilizing bluetooth technology that only receives audio - this allows for better audio to be transferred since it doesnt have to handle microphone sound. If you cant access the bluetooth settings of your android tablet, you cant tell it to connect to the headphones to use the microphone instead of stereo sound. You will be in the same situation with all other stereo bluetooth headphones due to the limitations of your tablet and how bluetooth works.

FThomas
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

With regards to my hearing aids there is a medallion worn around your neck that handles the Bluetooth connection and has a functioning microphone built in. The hearing aids do their job well, but sound quality for music and movies is poor. Thus my purchase of the However, they function flawlessly with Skype and all other programs. The Bose Bluetooth headphones do not function for receiving audio or work. with the microphone built into the Bose headphones to use Skype, but work well with Facebook Messenger.
Bose is not a low cost and poor quality product. But to use Skype i will have to put my hearing aids back on. For me that's a fail. You obviously do not appreciate the loss of convenience due to Bose inability to function with Skype. The Bose Quietcomfort 35 Series II has dual microphones. Worthless with Skype! So why can't these high end, technically advanced Bluetooth headphones simply function with Skype as they do with other VoIP and cell phones. That is the issue! VERY INCONVENIENT TO HAVE TO SWITCH BETWEEN HEARING AIDS AND BOSE HEADPHONES! If you have a problem with that you are obviously not in the shoes of this Disabled Veteran with Service Connected hearing loss. If you can't provide a solution to the problem being experienced with Skype by quite a few who have posted in search of a solution go find someone else to lecture! Your diatribe only served to irritate and insult!