Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Bose Quietcomfort 35 wireless headphones disconnect from MacBook Pro

My QuietComfort 35s now disconnect after a seconds from pairing. MacBook Pro 2016 running macOS 10.12.2. Bose firmware is 1.0.6. Persists on known good user account. Does not lose connection to iPhone 7 running iOS 10.2. Direct audio cable works without issue. Bluetooth loses connection within a few seconds. I've unpaired/repaired and held the connect button on the headset to reset it with no change. Was working fine last week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: Bose Quietcomfort 35 wireless headphones disconnect from MacBook Pro

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

This is kinda stupid and rather apparent, but I had a problem with my Bose headphones connecting then disconnecting from my iMac after about 3 seconds.

I realized that I was connected via bluetooth to my receiver and it wouldn't switch over to my headphones automatically. I disconnected from my receiver's bluetooth and it connected without issue.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi amerrick06,

In the process of unpairing/pairing, have you removed the QC35 from the Bluetooth device list on the MacBook Pro?

It also would be a good idea to make sure that your firmware is up to date using one of the following:

Bose Connect app (IOS and Android)

Bose® system update center (Windows)

ST

Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

"In the process of unpairing/pairing, have you removed the QC35 from the Bluetooth device list on the MacBook Pro?" - Yes

"It also would be a good idea to make sure that your firmware is up to date using one of the following:

Bose Connect app (IOS and Android)" - Verified 1.0.6

Advisor
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

I'm thinking that the iPhone is competing for access to the QC35.  Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone and test again with the MBP.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I have the same problem with my Macbook Pro 2016 runing macOS 10.12.2. I have updated the firmware to 1.2.6 and it keeps disconnecting after a few seconds. I can connect to my iphone and ipad without any problems. The solutions suggested here did not work, the headphones disconnects eventhought they are the only bluetooth device connected to the computer and the computer is the ony device connected to the headphones.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

That's a joke.

I have exactly the same thing.
BOSE QC35 keep disconnecting after 3-5 seconds from any Macbook Pro with MacOS Siera I tried!
It works with El Capitan and back but not with MacOs Siera. 

How this story is marked as solved??

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi vapits,

The person who creates a Topic (in this case amerrick06) is the one who can mark it solved.

You can start a new topic for your issue and then YOU can mark it solved when it is answered to your satisfaction.

ST

April 11 2017 post script: I have since found out that Moderators can also mark a post as a solution.

ST

Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

This is kinda stupid and rather apparent, but I had a problem with my Bose headphones connecting then disconnecting from my iMac after about 3 seconds.

I realized that I was connected via bluetooth to my receiver and it wouldn't switch over to my headphones automatically. I disconnected from my receiver's bluetooth and it connected without issue.

View solution in original post

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@David Ledet Thanks for the post. That will help other people who might have the same issue.

Tony

Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

I just wanna add to this, because just now I experienced the same issue, I'm using an iMac (MacOS Sierra 10.12.4) and an iPhone 7 (iOS 10.3.1), Bose Connect app installed on the iPhone and the QC35's are connected to both.

The iMac was just connecting to the headphones (for some reason it was showing in the Mac bluetooth list as LE-Bose Quietcomfort 35 ??? and it wasnt working).

What I finally did to resolve it was the following IN THIS ORDER - I tried all these steps in a various order, but doing it in the following order is what finally resolved it:

-Unpaired from iPhone (settings > Bluetooth > (i) symbol next to Bose QC35 > forget this device)

-Unpaired from iMac (System prefs > Bluetooth > (x) next to LE-Bose QC35).

-Reset network settings on the iPhone. (in hindsight this step might not have been necessary, but I did it the time that it worked so figured I'd include it here).

-Re-paired Bose QC35 to iPhone through Settings > Bluetooth (NOT the Bose app)

-Opened Bose Connect app, hit Bluetooth symbol > connect new, followed voice prompts to re connect to my iMac..

I can see this thread is getting a lot of views, and its right near the top of the search results when you search for "Bose quietcomfort 35 disconnecting" so that tells me I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Hopefully the above helps, and maybe Bose will look into a bugfix with the next firmware update.