Highlighted
backslashV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

Bose Revolve -- ability to adjust bass & trebble

I just received my bose revolve and am kind of disappointed. Looking at the positive reviews on Amazon, I placed my order very quickly. Now that the speaker has arrived, I am noticing a very heavy bass (and very little trebble) which is unnecessary and quality-degrading for many use cases. Please add the option to adjust the bass in the app. It's a very simple addition IMO.

11 REPLIES 11
jayclyde12
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

Re: Bose Revolve -- ability to adjust bass & trebble

I've checked reviews about the SoundLink Revolve speaker. unfortunately, you cannot adjust the bass or treble on the speaker. You may need to locate and adjust bass settings on the connected source.

backslashV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

I know. I am just requesting them to add this very simple setting to their app.

millonario
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2017

Nope. Such an option is definitely not needed as all phones and computers you connect with the speaker already have EQ settings implemented. Such a setting in the app would only lead to confusion especially when you use both, the speaker's EQ and the source's EQ. Also such a setting would make the app more complicated and as a developer I can tell you, that such a setting is far away from simple. Learn to use your device's equalizer's, that's the solution for your problem.

backslashV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

I have used the eq settings on my devices. They don't make a difference.
Skarkkai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

I have the same problem. I want to stream audio from iOS browser, and equalizer cannot be used in that scenario. I agree Revolve has way too heavy bass.

Hi all,

If you have adjusted the EQ settings on your source device and that hasn't helped, I just wanted to provide steps for a rest of the speaker:

1. Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  2. Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release and try the speaker again.

Let us know if this has an impact?

Thanks so much,

Shiloh_C 

Llianec
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

You can adjust Spotify settings which does make a difference if you are using this:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/

Bumrodgers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

This isn't always an option. For example I connect my record player via Bluetooth to this speaker. There are no equally controls and the bass is overwhelming
Taimoor Khan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

I bought a bose sound link revolve and while playing high bass songs/music its buzzing too much...!!! I can't believe that....now I'm far away from where I bought it....please tell me how to fix it...I bought it from Doha duty free but now I'm in Sudan....help me out...