Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Bose SoundSport Battery drains when device is off

hi 
I have a Bose SoundSport wireless earphones which I use them daily,  couple of days ago I noticed that after charging to full - the battery drains when the device is OFF. 
I made sure this is not because they are left on and still connected to my phone.  
the only thing that changed was the firware update i did recently to version 2.7.7, can this be related?  
I even tried to get back to the previous version using the bose updater advanced mode, but the only version that is in the drop down menu is the current one, i reinstalled it but it still drains by itself. 
Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose SoundSport Battery drains when device is off

Hi Kobisa,

Thanks for posting. Trying to roll back the firmware using the advanced updated was a great idea; I'm sorry it hasn't stopped the battery from draining. If you have the time, I'll do a little research and see if anyone here has come into contact with any issues like this coinciding with the update. If you are within warranty, it may be an idea to contact support to book an exchange. You can find the appropriate number by selecting your country from this list and clicking "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the following page.

All the best,

Patrick A - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2018

Hi 
Earphones were replaced to a new set as part of the warrenty, this was done quicly and with not hassle, great service. 
the new ones came with an older firware version, and I wonder - is  the last firmware version stable and with no flaws ? is it safe to upgrade? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Kobisa,

Thank you for posting an update on the issue that you've been experiencing with the battery. I'm happy to hear that this has now been resolved with an exchange.

Firmware version 2.7.7 is stable, and the issue that you were previously experiencing was likely specifically caused by the battery hardware.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

@Kobisa wrote:

Hi 
Earphones were replaced to a new set as part of the warrenty, this was done quicly and with not hassle, great service. 
the new ones came with an older firware version, and I wonder - is  the last firmware version stable and with no flaws ? is it safe to upgrade? 

The build date on mine is Dec. 22/18 and had an immediate update as well which has been rock solid with no issues. What firmware version it came with I don't know other than it wasn't the latest.