nsteblay
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Bose SoundSport Free Updater Not Connecting

I just purchased a pair at Best Buy.  I'm attempting to update the firmware as the left earbud isn't connecting on a regular basis.  The Bose Updater is also not working on my Mac.  This is one extremely buggy product.  I can connect to my Android running the Bose Connect app.  Should I return these for a refund?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundSport Free Updater Not Connecting

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Nsteblay, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

We have found that some Mac users may need to hold the Control key (Ctrl) when opening the file. This is because Mac has an extra layer of protection that blocks some third part app developers. If you try the following steps and let us know how you get on with using the updater on a Mac:

To open the application, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Control key while clicking on the application icon
    Note: Do not use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu

2. In the menu that appears, select Open at the top of the list

3. A confirmation window will appear. Select Open

Once you have updated your headphones, please could you also try the following: 

• Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Many thanks, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Nsteblay, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

We have found that some Mac users may need to hold the Control key (Ctrl) when opening the file. This is because Mac has an extra layer of protection that blocks some third part app developers. If you try the following steps and let us know how you get on with using the updater on a Mac:

To open the application, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Control key while clicking on the application icon
    Note: Do not use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu

2. In the menu that appears, select Open at the top of the list

3. A confirmation window will appear. Select Open

Once you have updated your headphones, please could you also try the following: 

• Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Many thanks, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

nsteblay
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Thanks for the response.  I was able to get the latest firmware installed but no change.  I decided to return the product to Best Buy.  The soundsport free needs some more work for sure.  I've got the soundsport wireless that works great so I'll continue to use it.  

Hi Nsteblay, 

Thanks for letting me know. I am so glad that you like your SoundSport Wireless. 

Always reach out if you need any help in the future. 

Kind regards, 

Vicky W

Sankalp23992
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Yes, please ask them for a refund. I've been facing the same issue and my buds don't connect to the laptop the way my QC II used to. The product (sound sport free) is a complete rip-off.