MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Bose SoundSport Free on Chromebook

Have both Bose QC35II and SoundSport Free headphones
On my Chromebook QC35II work flawless on Bluetooth no issues.
SoundSport Free connect but wierdly audio is in mono in left ear only and no right.
Cannot seem to get right ear working which is very odd. Repaired and tried settings but no options. Any other experienced this..?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Re: Bose SoundSport Free on Chromebook

Author Accepted Answer selected by MJKNIGHT
Ok news......
Chrome 69 has new Bluetooth stack old one was known to be flaky.
Via the following command
chrome://flags/#newblue
Enable it, and restart.
Hey presto stereo sound in the Android app on Chromebook.... All is good hope it helps others.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MJKNIGHT,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am so sorry the hear about that. Could I ask, have you tried using the SoundSport Free on a mobile device? If so, does it work properly?

Please come back and let us know,

Tony G - Community Support

MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Hi Tony,

Yes I regularly use my SoundSport Free with my mobile device , previously posted some issues but a lot better now, issues relating to left ear Audio drop outs. The odd thing with the Chromebook is that whilst connect ok all Audio seems to come out left ear with no sound from right which is odd in itself as right is primary bud and also the one when on calls with left ear off.
So Chromebook seems to drop to mono or favour left ear for some reason. Will do some further tests and feedback.
MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Ok minor update ....

Bluetooth audio to web based applications on Chromebook worked fine i.e. stereo.
The app I was running was an Android app hosted on the Chromebook. Will retest with Netflix Android on Chromebook to see if it is a Chromebook/Android glitch.
Native/web app = stereo
Android app on Chromebook = left ear mono ...
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi MJKNIGHT.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know what you find. The more information we have the easier it is to help.

Regards,

Tony G

MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Ok original Android app running on Chromebook was Coursera training app, recreated and still audio is just on left bud. Checked Neflix Android app on Chromebook and get stereo feed - in fact sounded awesome.
So my assumption is that audio feed on via the Coursera app is the issue. Re tested same app on Android phone , same content and I get stereo...????? So suspect possible bug in Coursera app not handling audio when running on Chromebook and Bluetooth. Will retest with wired headset too.
MJKNIGHT
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by MJKNIGHT
Ok news......
Chrome 69 has new Bluetooth stack old one was known to be flaky.
Via the following command
chrome://flags/#newblue
Enable it, and restart.
Hey presto stereo sound in the Android app on Chromebook.... All is good hope it helps others.

View solution in original post