Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Bose SoundSport Wireless multifunction button not working as expected for in-app calling

Hi,

I have Bose SoundSport wireless bluetooth earphones. I was using it with Iphone 7 earlier and it was working fine. However ever since I have switched to Android device running 8.1 version, the multiunction button has started malfunctioning on in-app calls like for Whatsapp call. For incoming calls, on pressing multifunction button once is not answering the call instead it disconnect the earphones from device, it really very frustrating as I can't answer calls with phone in my pocket. And it also leaves you clueless about what is happening as phone also turns silent at same time.

Pressing button again starts playing music or pressing it long starts the assisstant but it won't answer or disconnect call which it is suppose to do.

This is happening only with in-app calling for music buttons work normal.

Please help as this issue is really frustrating me specially in the light of fact that I have spent big for this headphones only because it is coming from reputed brand. I have used budget earphones and headsets before but never faced such niggly issues and they were good in all terms considering the price.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose SoundSport Wireless multifunction button not working as expected for in-app calling

Hello Sazz,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about your experience. I can understand how frustrating that can be, but we can definitely try to help you here! 

Please try clearing the Bluetooth paired device list on your headphones and re-pair it to your device. 

To clear the Bluetooth device list:

1. Power off the headphones
  2. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”

Most app issues can be resolved by clearing the cache, could you try that? 

Can you verify if this happens with Whatsapp only? What other apps have you tried? The phone app that comes stock with your device, does that seem fine? 

Please let us know with an update when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support