Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igor.arouca
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones sounds controls don't work in my laptop

Hi there,

I bought the "Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones for Samsung and Android devices, Charcoal"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0117RFPCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

because I have an Android phone. However, I'd love to also be able to use them with my Macbook Pro laptop, but the sounds controls won't work. I get good sound quality and the mic works as well, but I just can't control the volume: neither using the laptop volume control buttons or the headphones volume buttons. It simply keeps the same volume, which is quite high.

Would I have to get the "for iOS models" version for it to work with my Macbook? Cos that would be very disappointing.

Thanks,

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones sounds controls don't work in my laptop

Author Accepted Answer selected by igor.arouca

Hi Igor.arouca, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today! 

I would recommend checking out all the In-Ear headphones that we currently have available here. If they don't specify the device this means that you can use the headphones with either device! 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
grmedhat
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Hi, I have the iOS version and the headphone volume control adjusts the volume on my MacBook Pro so it appears the answer to you question would be yes. It has to do with the slight differences in Apple's headphone jack.

Jeff_G

Hello igor.arouca,

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

@grmedhat hit the nail on the head. There are in fact slight variations in the way Apple manufactures their jack inputs on their devices over other brands, therefore Made for iPhone, and Made for Android variants of products exist. For support of the in-line controls and the microphone on the headphones, I would recommend returning the headphones and getting the iPhone variant if you wish to use them with your MacBook.

I hope this helps you and anyone else who may have a similar query. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
igor.arouca
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Thank you so much for the answers.

It's kind of disappointing that the headphones won't work with both Android phone and my Macbook 😞

Is there any model that would work with both platforms? I don't really want to have to buy two headphones, neither change my devices.

Thanks,

Igor

Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by igor.arouca

Hi Igor.arouca, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us today! 

I would recommend checking out all the In-Ear headphones that we currently have available here. If they don't specify the device this means that you can use the headphones with either device! 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

igor.arouca
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks!