keerat1990
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Bose Soundlink III auto turn off

Soundlink III is still one of the best sounding speakers in the market. But what frustrates me the most is having to manually turn on the speaker every time I dont use it for sometime. I bought Echo dot without the knowledge of auto off feature of the speaker. Isn't this just a software thing which can be updated to enable the users to control the feature? What is so hard about it? If its a hardware issue, I understand. But if the auto turn off feature can be disabled with a future update, why not add it and make you customers happy? Isn't it what they are asking for?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Soundlink III auto turn off

keerat1990

We appreciate the post. That is a great question! If there is no audio playing and there has been no interaction with the system by the user, the system will turn off automatically after 30 minutes. Any incoming audio or system interaction within this period will prevent the system from turning itself off. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the auto shutoff feature.

Hope that helped

Tony

Carlos Paulet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2017

I am having the same problem with the Soundlink II, which I assume works the same way.  Has anyone found a workaround.  Is Bose working on a firmware upgrade?  I am certain that this is a very common issue/complaint.   I am trying to use it with my Echo device and this is most annoying.  I would hate to shelve a good sounding speaker.  

LanSolo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2017

Same here. I love using this speaker with my Echo Dot, but it is so annoying that it turns itself off. Surely it would be very simple to implement a firmware update to disable this feature.

Benj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Yes please.

Please Bose do your best to support your slightly older model equipment. We're buying Bose for your amazing sound and quality. That's no good if the speaker renders itself obsolete due to a simple firm ware change being needed...

pborsella
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2018

If the volume of requests makes a difference in getting a fix for this, count me in as another disappointed customer.  I use this fantastic speaker for sound during my presentations and have repeatedly been caught looking foolish because the speaker had turned itself off.  Please help!