Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Bose Soundlink Revolve+ mutes while on aux mode

I have my Revolve+ connected to my PC via aux cable, and every so often, the speaker turns off while it is connected to my computer.

When I increase the volume, it comes back on... What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundlink Revolve+ mutes while on aux mode

Hi itsmorich,

Thanks for writing in. Sounds like the speaker is turning off due to inactivity. When in AUX mode, increase the volume on the source device(your PC in this case). You can also disable this Auto-off feature by holding down the Input mode and Volume + button at the same time. A voice prompt or tone will confirm that the Auto- setting is off. This setting can be managed in the Connect app as well.

Let us know if that helps.

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I have turned the Auto-off feature, but the speaker still mutes when it is playing at very low volumes.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Same thing here, using the Revolve, after 5 minutes, it will auto-mute if the aux (jack) volume is "low" ...

This is ultra annoying.

Setting the auto-off feature to "3 Hours", "Never" or everything will not solve this issue.

Please fix this in the next firmware update...

---

This issue was also affecting the SoudLink Mini II, but could be fixed by disabling the auto-off feature, if I remember right.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Same issue for me! Kinda frustrating. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

I have the same issue with soundlink revolve, but this happens after about 2 or 3 hours. I have updated with the lastest firmware release and the problem continues.

will be any firmware update for this problem? or I need to give back this bose product to liverpool store. I have used just 3 weeks!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting, I wanted to jump in here and just confirm that if disabling the auto-off feature is not resolving this then it would seem that the speaker isn't acting as it should be, in that case, I'd recommend reaching out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".

And if anybody would be able to test something for me, that would be great.  I'm wondering if the behavior is consistent if you use the USB connection instead of the 3.5mm AUX.  

Let me know what you find?

Take care & enjoy your day!

Thanks,

Shiloh