Hpage50
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Bose Soundsport Charging issue

I bought a set of these earphones in December. I had no problems until 2 days ago when my earphones would not turn on after charging all night. I had use them a the gym that night. When I went to plug them in, it flashed orange for a second or two, and then went to red for about 10 seconds then nothing. I have tried 4 different USB cables, 4 different outlets, and 4 different charging docks/blocks. Nothing has worked. Why would they stop working like that? Also, what does the error light mean?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Charging issue

Hi Hpage50, 

Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear that. It's a possibility but a solid red light while charging indicates the headphones are not within acceptable temperature range(-4°F to 113°F). To confirm, are you using a Bose branded USB charger? The max voltage output should not be any higher than 5V 1 Amp. 

Can you try giving your headphones a reboot? 

1. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  2. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  3. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If the issue persists, could be an issue with your headphones and recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support for available options. Here's a link for contact info if you need it.

Let us know how it goes

Mohsin