CreepyKrew
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Bose Soundsport Earphones - Google Pixel

Bought a new set of Android earphones for use with my google Pixel. The earphones work fine when playing sound, but the microphone switches between mild static and an odd underwater like background noise when being used for calls. I tried the earphones on a Galaxy S5 and didn't have the issue at all and tried a seperate set of Bose Soundsport earphones and got the same issue on the Pixel. Is there anyway to make the microphone work without this issue? Or were the earphones for android not made to be used with a google pixels?

9 REPLIES 9
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose Soundsport Earphones - Google Pixel

Hello CreepKrew,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your headphones. They should be fine with your Android device. Just for further troubleshooting, can you please confirm that you experience the same issue with other non-Bose pairs of headphones with a mic? That would help to narrow it down further. 

Does the static go away ever? Will restarting your phone help? 

Check back when you can. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

CreepyKrew
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Hello, 

I have tried with other non-Bose headphones with a microphone and don't have the same problem. I also tried restarting the Pixel and it had no effect.

Additionally, when listening to anything on the Google Pixel it turns the volume down at random when the earphones are plugged in, without the earphones control buttons being pressed.

I have tried with another set of the same type of Bose earphones and the problem still remains. While both the earphones work on a Samsung Galaxy s5. 

Thank you for your help.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello CreepyKrew

Thanks for replying!  A few more questions to help narrow down the issue:

Is this the Google Pixel or Google Pixel 2?

Is there a case on the phone?

If so can we test without the case on the phone?

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

CreepyKrew
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Hello Tony, 

The phone is a Google Pixel, not a Google Pixel 2.

There is a case on the phone, I have just tried without and the problem is still present.

Thank you. 

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello CreepyKrew

It does seem like there may be an incompatibility here as the headset seems to work fine in a different Android phone.  Over time however, we have seen cases where there may be some debris in the headphone port of time like lint or dust.  I would recommend checking to see if that is causing a poor connection with the communication pin on the connector.  Also wouldn't hurt to clean the clean the audio connector of the headset with a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

CreepyKrew
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2018

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have a case that prevents dust and has a headphone port cover on it. I will try and clean it out though and double check your advice. 

Kind Regards.

jdwhyte
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2018

I'm also using soundsport earphones with an original Google Pixel and I'm having the exact same problem as the other poster. What's particularly strange is that I just replaced an older set of soundsports purchased in April 2017 which worked perfectly until August 2018 when one of the ears permanently lost sound--i never had the issues described above with the original set but they started happening with the new ones within the last week (purchased the new ones on August 18.
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi jdwhyte

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear that. I would contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, kindly scroll down until you see "Contact Us'

Regards,

Tony G

karunasagar75
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2018

Facing same issue...

Bought a new set of Android earphones for use with my google Pixel. The earphones work fine when playing sound, but the microphone & switches between. I tried the earphones on other android and  didn't have the issue. Is there anyway to make the microphone work without this issue? Or were the earphones for android not made to be used with a google pixels?

Model : Pixel

Intial Trouble shoot done : Restarted  the mobile,Cleanes jack 

Can you please assist me resolve this issue ASAP.
If not in a week I will return the product as this doesnt cater my requirement.